Pip mental health — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip mental health

Options
LesleyEaton
LesleyEaton Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited August 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have been receiving pip for six years for depression and anxiety. After face to face assessment at home I was only awarded two points and have had pip stopped. The health proffesional was very very understanding but the decision maker seems to have disregarded everything and instead said that there’s no medical evidence to say I suffer with anxiety (not true ) and My antidepressant medication hasn’t been changed since 2015. Therefore he has changed the descriptors from the mp report. I realise this is the exact opposite to what most people experience  I am going to ask for mandatory reconsideration but time is running out as I didn’t receive decision letter until ten days after it was posted

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

You'll need to put the MR request in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. Send relevant evidence with the letter to prove they apply to you.

Even though you have 1 month to request the MR you do actually have 13 months with good reason. Also if you ring just before the 1 month is up and then request it, you can send the letter with evidence later.

Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • LesleyEaton
    LesleyEaton Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you Poppy   You have been ver helpful
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @LesleyEaton and a very warm welcome to the community! I am sorry that you are having to appeal the decision and I really hope the process goes as smooth as possible.

Here is some information on Mandatory Reconsideration which you may find helpful. Please do keep us updated and let us know if there is anything else we can do to help. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.