Need some advice (“,) — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Need some advice (“,)

Options
kitykd
kitykd Community member Posts: 4 Listener
good afternoon all (“,)

hope you are all well

i recently applied for PIP. Iv had my face to face assessment and the lady was so lovely, tho I’m scared to trust her after so many bad stories.
i had a 2 level ACDF in February and I have been in a very bad way since . I have became a bit of a recluse and also very very depressed. Before my op I was very outgoing and confident it now a completely different person. I’m 34 and was wondering if any of you think I have a chance at being awarded PIP . My anxiety is through the roof at the minute and I don’t sleep. How long do you usually have to wait for a decision??i have a full time job to go back to but at the minute I’m scared to leave the house and I’m afraid of loosing my job and home I have a 9 year old son who is just the best he helps me so much but he’s far to young to have to do so much.

sorry for moaning but I can’t talk to people anymore face to face my scar is horrible across my throat and it embarrasses me. My mum told me to try an online forum to see if it would help. 

Thank you for reading (“,) 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,057 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

No one can tell you whether you'll successfully be awarded PIP because it depends how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors, it's not about a diagnosis.

As you've had the face to face assessment, if you live in the UK then wait a week and ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.

There's no timescales for decisions, it depends on backlog in your area. Hopefully not too long. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @kitykd and a warm welcome to the community. Very glad you took the step of joining us here and I hope Poppy's advice has helped.
    You mention that you've been in a bad way and your anxiety is through the roof. Are you getting much in the way of support with your mental health?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @kitykd :)
    Scope

• kitykd
    Options
    Hello @kitykd and a warm welcome to the community. Very glad you took the step of joining us here and I hope Poppy's advice has helped.
    You mention that you've been in a bad way and your anxiety is through the roof. Are you getting much in the way of support with your mental health?
    Hi no as of yet I have had no help just antidepressants and they keep trying to fill me full of codine aswell for pain but it makes me sick . I received no aftercare from the hospital aswell I have to get my GP to phone my surgeon to see me again as I have worse symptoms. He now thinks it’s from my lower back and I have bad numbness in my lower legs
  • kitykd
    Options
    Welcome to the community @kitykd :)
    Thank you ?
  • kitykd
    Options
    kitykd said:
    Hi no as of yet I have had no help just antidepressants and they keep trying to fill me full of codine aswell for pain but it makes me sick . I received no aftercare from the hospital aswell I have to get my GP to phone my surgeon to see me again as I have worse symptoms. He now thinks it’s from my lower back and I have bad numbness in my lower legs
    Just a complete nightmare wish I had not of went through with the op ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.