Decision Maker awards LESS than Assessor! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Decision Maker awards LESS than Assessor!

Options
ABloom
ABloom Community member Posts: 6 Connected
After a grim assessment/report 2 years ago was dreading this one - even though a Tribunal gave me enhanced for both!
However the Assessor's report gave me 13 points for Living and 24 for Moblity BUT, when the DM's decision arrived, I was given 11 points for Living - they kept the 24 for Mobility.
Has this happened to anyone else?  If so, how has the Mandatory Reconsideration gone?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,323 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Yes, it's rare but it can happen. In fact there's a thread on here from today where it happened to someone else.

You now have 1 month from the date of the decision to request the MR. You should put this in writing stating where you think you should have score those points and your reasons why. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ABloom
    ABloom Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    Options
    Thanks - will do!

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.