Black dots on pip report. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Black dots on pip report.

Options
Orchidlouise
Orchidlouise Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi all, what do the black dots on my pip report copy mean next to descriptors? Any ideas.

Comments

• buzzer
    buzzer Community member Posts: 106 Pioneering
    Options
    Its what the assessor is recommending to the DWP your points are, you can tally them using this link

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/Migrated_Documents/adviceguide/pip-9-table-of-activities-descriptors-and-points.pdf

Try & be kind to one another even if we may have different views. 

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello, once you have added up your points you can work out what your award may should be but you still have to wait for the official notification letter. The decision makers normally go with the assessment report recommendations. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Orchidlouise and a very warm welcome to the community! The black dots are what the assessor believes you should score. If you add up the points it should be an indication of the award you will receive. They rarely go against the assessors judgement. 
    Scope

• Orchidlouise
    Orchidlouise Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Wow, thank you. Am not sure how to add them up, but am hopeful as I've had a good report!!! Thanks for the advice and welcome.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,265 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It's very easy to add those dots up and i always find the easiest way to do it is to use the PIP self test here. http://www.mybenefitsandwork.co.uk/pip/indexxx.php
    Start on the first page where the dots are and copy the dots into the PIP self test, like for like. Do this all the way through. Once you reach the end press submit on the PIP self test and anything you scored will be added. It will tell you the results at the end of the test.

A good report doesn't mean you've scored enough for an award. Just like a bad report doesn't mean you haven't scored enough.

You'll still need to wait for a decision but they mostly go with the report.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • KG100
    KG100 Community member Posts: 179 Pioneering
    Options
    I compared mine to the PIP self test form, then added the points up. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.