Help please — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help please

sarah85
sarah85 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi i have been awarded the standard rate in daily living needs for pip and also standard mobility rate.
Is my partner eligible to claim carers allowance as he looks after me
Many thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

That will depend on his circumstances. To claim carers allowance you mustn't be earning more than £123 per week after deductions and what benefits he claims, if any. https://www.gov.uk/carers-allowance/eligibility

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sarah85, it is also possible that your partner might be entitled to a carers needs assessment. This is another way in which support can be provided :)
    Scope

• Pete2
    Pete2 Community member Posts: 86 Pioneering
    To recieve carers allowance.......the carer must not recieve more than £120 per week....and care for 35 hours per week.   Only one carer can ...recieve carers allowance for the same person.......it takes time to process the application, but if accepted any cash will be back dated......now like me who cares 24/7 for my disabled wife i also claim Income support.....which is means tested on your savings of over £6k . Hence my initial post when i first joined here.

• Pete2
    Pete2 Community member Posts: 86 Pioneering
    Be prepared to sort out......bank details.....incomes.......savings......and proof of your pip assesments.......the initial paperwork is huge.....found on Gov.com    i think.......but stick to it.....get what you are intitled to.

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    To receive carers allowance the maximum amount allowed to earn is now £123 per week after deductions. To claim carers allowance is very simple online form that takes just a few minutes. No proof of a qualifying benefit is needed because carers allowance check all that their end.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.