Pip back dated — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip back dated

Options
mariehannah
mariehannah Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hello my mum has been awarded pip her assessment was the 30th of june and she made the claim was made on the 1st of febuary but she has only been awarded this from the 14th of august and does not say say on the letter about any back pay 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,323 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Was your mum transferred from DLA? If so then this will be the reason why it's not backdated. Those transferring from DLA will not be backdated any PIP because they were claiming DLA. PIP starts once DLA ends.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @mariehannah and a warm welcome to the community! I hope we can get this clarified for you soon. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.