Spinal stenosis (cervical/neck). - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Spinal stenosis (cervical/neck).

2»

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @brutus, I'm glad some things have been able to help, even if only a little! I imagine the more operations you have, the harder it would be to operate again?
    Scope

• brutus
    brutus Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    In a way I’ve been lucky, my last operation was January 2003, but the more fusions you have it creates more load on the adjacent discs, my fusions were with bone taken from the pelvis,I get the impression if I had been a lot younger they would have gone ahead and operated.
  • Chloe_Scope
    I can see why that would make sense @brutus! Do you have any plans for today?
    Scope

• brutus
    Going for along walk then hopefully paint my man shed ?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Sounds like a good plan to me! I hope it goes well :)
    Scope

• deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    I have got cervical spondylosis and scoliosis as well as other things. Had an mri a few years ago and was told they couldn't operate as there was a risk of paralysis. At the time I was in so much pain that I would have been willing to take that risk!  things did get better for a while but have now started to get worse. I struggle to move my neck properly and had to give up driving. I had another mri a few months ago and was told that I may have to have an operation some time in the future if it continues to get worse. I was told that the vertebrae in my neck were compressing. I have been given some exercises to do by the physio but they make things worse and make my neck go into spasm! 
  • brutus
    I see a physio at my own cost once a month,  as I have been fused he does not go near my neck but manipulates my muscles around my shoulders which often tighten up and cause a vice like grip around my neck, my GP and consultant stipulated no one was to go near my neck .

Brightness