Pip appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip appeal

Options
lf102
lf102 Community member Posts: 4 Connected
Hi I'm looking a bit of info to see if this has happened anyone else apologies in advance for the length I'm in Northern Ireland and appointee for my son started last June 2018 on his change from DLA to pip filled the form and they arranged for the assessor to come out when they came my son was in his room would not come out he had had a long night and he tends to stay there a lot of the time the assessor said she couldn't do it without seeing him I said she was more than welcome to go to the other room to see him but she decided to phone her manager who advised her not to go to the other room assessor said she would put him down for paper review as he was not fit enough but a week later got a letter to arrange another appointment this time at one of their buildings explained to them I would need a home visit they wouldn't do it they made an appointment for a few days later which I couldn't get to as I had an I'll family member phoned them to tell them this wouldn't except it and wouldn't let me arrange another face to face for him and preferably at home.. they turned him down on everything ( he was on high DLA) did mandatory that got turned down in January put in for the appeal got to it in May when I got there the clerk came to explain to me that they had been trying to contact me as they postponed it in accordance with regulation 51 of the social security and child support so we are waiting again his payments has stopped since last November feel like giving up on it. This one is to be heard with only one person so presuming it's going to upper tribunal so stressed any advice would be great thanks

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.