Withheld number from Pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Withheld number from Pip

Options
mclean9
mclean9 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I received a telephone call from a Pip manager yesterday the number was withheld and it had called numerous times. I finally answered and he said he was from Pip and needed my bank details I stated I would not give them over the phone he then gave me a private number to call him back on. I called the Pip helpline and gave them my bank details in then called him back and told him. Seems idiotic that they would expect to be given bank details to a withheld number. I have anxiety and are worried about this now is this usual. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Yes, DWP do often ring to check bank details are correct before paying any money owed. Did you recently have a decision made on a PIP claim, maybe from a Tribunal win? The person that rang you should have gone through security with you before doing anything else, did this happen? Going through security with you will have meant he could ask you that question and anything else related to your claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @mclean9 and a warm welcome to the community! 

I hope @poppy123456 has been able to clarify this and I also can confirm that they do sometimes use withheld numbers. 
    Scope

• mclean9
    Options
    Thankyou just waiting on decision after Pip assessment just didn’t want to give bank details out so I rang them back otherwise I would worry hopefully means I will get something. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,041 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The decision may have already been made, give DWP a ring and they'll tell you what it is if it has.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mclean9
    Options
    Thankyou all for your help putting my mind at ease.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.