Income related esa and student finance — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Income related esa and student finance

kbenne81
kbenne81 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi. I’ve recently applied for esa income related. I also receive pip higher rate. I was originally told I would be getting 138 a week but now they have reduced my payments to £44 a week because of my student finance even in the summer holidays. I’m part time studying in the open university I get 1150 maintenance loan then about another 700 dependants grant for my child. But they are taking 93 a week off me because of these loans. I’ve read that they have to deduct so much as income but even all that divided over a course of 42 weeks doesn’t add up to 93 a week ? 
Does this seem right as I was going beer the impress that they only deduct so much during term time and not through the summer holidays. 

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.