ESA home visit — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA home visit

Options
laney1970
laney1970 Community member Posts: 87 Connected
Hi does anyone have any information on ESA my son had a assessment letter 6 months ago his doctor sent a letter to them saying he couldn't go because of his agrophobia it was accepted now they have sent another letter saying he as to go and no excuse will help as they are refusing a home visit id there anything he can do

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,298 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Was the letter sent from his GP? Have they given any reasons why they've refused a home visit? If any evidence suggest any aggression then they will refuse a home visit. If this isn't the case for you son then i'd suggest the reasonable adjustments route. Do be aware that if one appointment has already been canceled then his money could stop if he refuses another.

May i ask if you or he has got any face to face advice from an agency near you? Or even involved his local MP, explain your son's situation to his local MP and sometimes they will get involved and this often gets them shifted.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • laney1970
    laney1970 Community member Posts: 87 Connected
    Options
    Yes letter was sent from his gp what does aggression mean
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,298 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Aggression is violent behavior.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.