About backdating — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

About backdating

Options
alunb99
alunb99 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
hi can anyone tell me I've just started claiming universal tax credit can I get it backdated 3 months and if so how do I go about it I've not had my first payment yet and there's not paying for my mental health either so I don't understand how much I'll get and we'll get extra money for my mental health

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

I'm afraid you won't be able to backdate your UC for 3 months. The most they will backdate it is 1 month but then it's only in the most extreme circumstances will they agree to do this.

Before you claimed UC were you working or claiming a different benefit?

Are you working and claiming UC or are you sending in fit/sick notes?

Are you single or claiming as a couple?

Sorry for the questions but without those answers no further advice can be given. If you don't like to give that information on a forum then you'll need to speak to an advice agency near you for a full benefits check.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @alunb99, how are you getting on with this?
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.