PIP RESONSE LETTER — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP RESONSE LETTER

catherineryan40
catherineryan40 Community member Posts: 29 Connected
Evening all I have receive a letter from the DWP in regards to my recent pip claim but I am a little confused as I stayed they have all the evidence they require. I  don't need to contact the  they will write to me once a descion has been made to weather I am entitled to PIP what I am confused with is weather this means I am required to attend a face to face medical assesment. Look forward to your replies in regards to my question. Many thanks for all support Catherine.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

As you've received that letter, which is standard letter sent to everyone when they have all the information needed. If you haven't had a face to face assessment it means they've done a paper based assessment and no face to face is needed.

There will be an assessment report written and returned to DWP so you can ring then and request a copy of the report to be sent to you. No one can tell you what the decision maybe at this stage but the report will give you some idea because they mostly go with the report.

There's no timescales for decisions, it all depends on backlog in your area.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • catherineryan40
    Thank you for your advice poppy. I though everybody had to have a face to face medical assesment. I guess I will just await their descion.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Most people do but not everyone.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @catherineryan40, I hope you aren't waiting long for the decision and please do let us know if there is anything else we can help with!
    Scope

• catherineryan40
    Thank you Chloe I know it can take up to 12 weeks. I will keep you up to date thank you for your support. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.