ESA ASSESSMENT MEDICAL REPORT ESA85 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA ASSESSMENT MEDICAL REPORT ESA85

Options
Tina56
Tina56 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
Hi all

I'm new to this forum and I am sorry if this as been asked before but I got my medical report for my ESA assessment today.

I had my assessment 3 weeks ago and wanted to know what the assessor had said about me before I got my decision from the DWP.

It seems all good the assessor told it how it is and was truthful about my limitations etc  but it doesn't give you any idea about what points you may have scored like the PIP assessment report. 

She said that I meet the criteria for Limited Capability for Work and Work Related Activity.

Does anybody know what this actually means?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Limited capability for work related activity (LCWRA) is Support Group and there's no points recommended for this group.

They usually go with the report but of course you'll still need to wait for the decision. Hopefully not too long.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    Options
    The decision-maker usually follows the assessor's recommendations, but not always. Until the decision letter arrives you cannot be certain. Good luck.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• regularirregular
    regularirregular Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    Options
    @poppy123456 While you are correct that LCWRA means support group with no need for a claimant to engage with any work related activities, LCWRA is actually automatic 15 points meaning over the threshold for a specific activity and no other activities as assessed but these 15 points are not recorded anywhere as LCWRA is a separate category.

Unless there is other evidence that a decision maker has (such as surveillance reports or discrepancies with other reports), there will be no difference to the assessor's advice.
  • Tina56
    Options
    Thanks for your replies.
    The report made me feel a lot better about it all anyway so it was worth asking for, you hear such stories of assessors not being truthful and making up things it was nice to see that she told it exactly how it was on the day.

• BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    Tina56Tina56,

As everyone has already said, this looks like a good outcome for you. Although you'll need to wait for the DWP's decision, they usually follow the report.

Limited capability for work-related activity isn't based on points, as Poppy has explained. Instead, it means that you either met one or more specific criteria (called descriptors), or you have been treated as having limited capability for work-related activity (for example, because of risks to your health). However, as regularirregular says, many (though not all) of the LCWRA descriptors are similar to those which give you maximum points in the limited capability for work activities (ie 15 points).

LCWRA status means you are not expected to do anything work-related (so no interviews at the Jobcentre) whilst getting your ESA, as well as meaning that an extra amount is included in the calculation (although what you actually get will depend on whether this is contributory or income-related, which some people still get, and whether there's any income to take into account).

Good luck and fingers crossed.

Will
    The Benefits Training Co:

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Tina56 and a warm welcome to the community!

I hope we have been able to answer your question. Please do let me know if there is anything else we can do. :)
    Scope

• Tina56
    Options
    Hi
    yeah thanks to all that replied I was just unsure of the wording,  the last time I was assessed for ESA it was done on paper , I didn't have an assessment so didn't see a report but I was put into the support group and before that I was in the WRAG but they have changed the wording.
    The report seemed okay and I am just waiting for a decision hopefully they will keep me in the support group, but it could be a few more weeks till I know for sure.
    I have my PIP review coming up soon too so probably will be another assessment it's a nightmare for me because of the pain I am in when I have to have them , they kept me waiting over an hour at my assessment for ESA so I was in a great amount of pain so I am not looking forward to it.

Thanks Tina

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Tina56,

I understand how difficult it can be to attend the assessments, especially if it causes pain. I'm so sorry you had to wait for an hour, that cannot have made it easy at all!

I really hope the PIP assessment goes more smoothly. Do you have a date for this?
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.