Spinal stenosis — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Spinal stenosis

Options
janeevery
janeevery Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hello
I joined today because I would like to chat with others that suffer this disabilitating condition.
I'm 53 and have oesteoarthrius , severe lumbar stenosis at l3,4 and 5 and herniated disc.
Work is increasingly difficult.
I tried for a blue badge but was refused. I don't go far as I can not walk any distance.

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome!

If you have any other questions don’t hesitate to ask them. Sorry to hear that you were not successful. 
  • janeevery
    janeevery Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Has anyone been able to get a blue badge with issues like mine?
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I searched and found this old post on here https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/39776/spinal-stenosis
    Let me know if you have other questions. 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @janeevery   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear what you are experiencing.  You come to the right place for support and friendship.

I am one of the team of community champions.  We guide, advise and help new members who join the community.

Please can I ask have you contacted the National Osteoporosis Society which includes Osteoarthritis.?

Help line 0808 800 0035 .

Please you could appeal decision regarding Blue Badge.?  Something to consider.

I would suggest speak to CAB about decision.  They may be able to advise further.  

Please if we can help with anything please ask.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Poppy97
    Poppy97 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    I've suffered back pain for many years. Last year, finally, had x-ray and MRI scan showing 4 healed lumbar fractures and 5 bulging discs. Spinal block injection failed to help chronic pain, which gets worse and worse. Now find the pain is due to spinal stenosis. Taken tramadol 13 years, now CBD oil from Holland and Barrett but pain so severe at times, especially at night, nothing works and I cry.

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Poppy97

I'm sorry to hear it causes you so much pain, thank you for sharing your experiences with the community.

Is there we can do to help?

Scope

Brightness