PIP MR sent back to Capita — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP MR sent back to Capita

AhhBisto
AhhBisto Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
So it's now been 8 months since starting the PIP application for my partner.

Just had a call on the 10th week of MR process from a case manager at the DWP. He has referred the application back to Capita on the grounds that the report has too many discrepancies compared the medical evidence provided.

He explained he wasn't a medical expert in anyway and advised that we will probably need a second f2f unless Capita take aboard the medical evidence and submit it as a paper based application. However he has made sure I am clearly marked as the PIP appointee for her application which I wasn't last time.

Not the best result but it's not a no, however it's a bit of a disappointment considering the lengthy time the process has already taken. 

Comments

• tinka1992
    tinka1992 Community member Posts: 97 Connected
    Hi this happend to me and I today got award it I was at mr stage my accoser wear asos or how ever u spell it 
  • AhhBisto
    tinka1992 said:
    Hi this happend to me and I today got award it I was at mr stage my accoser wear asos or how ever u spell it 

Did you have to go to a new face to face after the MR? I really hope we don't have to as its 2 hour drive. 
  • Nattie3
    Nattie3 Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
    edited August 2019
    Hey there, mine has also been going on for 8 months too! I had a paper based review initially and the decision was completely incorrect on the mobility component and I was given the wrong award. I spoke to the decision maker on numerous occasions, my report and evidence was sent back and forth (apparently) to the HCP, but having spoken to them, they confirmed to me that extra evidence hadn't been actioned for them to assess from the DWP. 
    Anyway, I got a phone call yesterday from someone from the DWP and they were, lets say. A lot less understanding, however she has offered the chance to have a F2F assessment with a HCP, she's going to ring back today at 2pm for my decision, whether I want to do that or just continue with the tribunal. Although I have the feeling this phone call (Which came out of the blue) is as a result of me submitting for a tribunal.
  • AhhBisto
    edited August 2019
    Nattie sorry to hear that. From some of posts on this forum they seem to pushing hard on avoiding cases going to tribunal at all even if it means claimants suffer with incorrect decisions.

The person that called this morning seemed to be understanding. Really wish he would've just overturned the decision as he could have. Hopefully we'll both get someone on the ball for the assessment this time around. 
  • Nattie3
    I really hope for you that you get it sorted, I know exactly all the added stress and worry that it absolutely piles on, on top of all the other daily suffering you/your partner has to go through. 
    The decision maker and his manager finally agreed that my descriptor was wrong and I was trying to prove that I was more ABLE than they were saying I originally was. How often does that happen? Having to prove you're more able to do something. Sigh!
  • AhhBisto
    Nattie3 said:
    I really hope for you that you get it sorted, I know exactly all the added stress and worry that it absolutely piles on, on top of all the other daily suffering you/your partner has to go through. 
    The decision maker and his manager finally agreed that my descriptor was wrong and I was trying to prove that I was more ABLE than they were saying I originally was. How often does that happen? Having to prove you're more able to do something. Sigh!
    We found out in the "revised" assessment back in April all the lady added was that it was a new diagnoses so she can't be struggling as a get out trouble card.

A new diagnose of a already symptomatic life limiting genetic condition that has been going on for 3 years. I really hope if it's another f2f it's not the same assessor as she's clearly needing to go back to school.
  • tinka1992
    No they awarded me it without going to nother face to face after mr they said case manger wasnt happy with her report as was loads lies I'm glad it's all over with now as it was making me even more poorly 
  • Nattie3
    I got contacted again today too, I will have to have a f2f assessment and I've now been added back to the pile to wait for an assessment, so now it's up to another 10 week wait just for that! Although she did make a statement over the phone, because my house is clean and tidy, I should be able to make the journey to the F2F appointment, and that I can be left independently to either stay in my home or leave my home. I have no idea why that is a relevant statement, since she looked back in to a previous report a few years back. Nevermind, not moving forward, but can't necessarily I'm moving 10 steps back either! By the time it's all done I'll be ready for a new review, if I don't laugh at that, I may just cry!
  • meaghan
    meaghan Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
    hi all my application took 7 mts also and I had to have 2 f2f assessments as first assessor report was full of mistakes it stayed 4 mts at capitia then had 2nd assessment with different assessor it was all very stressful . I eventually got my award I was so relieved so don't give up hope ,but no one should have to go through this it only adds to the pressure we are under good luck to everyone still waiting I hope you all have a good outcome .

• tinka1992
    meaghan said:
    hi all my application took 7 mts also and I had to have 2 f2f assessments as first assessor report was full of mistakes it stayed 4 mts at capitia then had 2nd assessment with different assessor it was all very stressful . I eventually got my award I was so relieved so don't give up hope ,but no one should have to go through this it only adds to the pressure we are under good luck to everyone still waiting I hope you all have a good outcome .

Hi I got my award after for mr mine went back to assessment centre but not for second assessment 
  • worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Nattie3 said:
    Hey there, mine has also been going on for 8 months too! I had a paper based review initially and the decision was completely incorrect on the mobility component and I was given the wrong award. I spoke to the decision maker on numerous occasions, my report and evidence was sent back and forth (apparently) to the HCP, but having spoken to them, they confirmed to me that extra evidence hadn't been actioned for them to assess from the DWP. 
    Anyway, I got a phone call yesterday from someone from the DWP and they were, lets say. A lot less understanding, however she has offered the chance to have a F2F assessment with a HCP, she's going to ring back today at 2pm for my decision, whether I want to do that or just continue with the tribunal. Although I have the feeling this phone call (Which came out of the blue) is as a result of me submitting for a tribunal.
    Interesting you had several conversations with a DM, usually they dont like to speak to claimants.  Was you able to get that on request or did they call you?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,365 Disability Gamechanger
    worried33 said:

Interesting you had several conversations with a DM, usually they dont like to speak to claimants.  Was you able to get that on request or did they call you?
    I've also spoke to a decision maker during my daughters last review. I rang DWP and asked for a call back from the case manager and to my surprise i was put straight through.

The 2nd time i rang because there was an error in the length of her award with the wrong year on the award letter so i rang again to speak to a DM and had no problems being put straight through. After speaking to him he told me he'd look at her award and ring me back. True to his word, he did ring me back about an hour later and i was correct there was an error with the award date. Very nice person and very helpful.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Nattie3
    worried33 said:
    Hi there, I wasn't put through the the decision maker when I called the DWP, but I did speak to case managers. The DM contacted me via phone call around 4/5 times during the investigation about my Mandatory Reconsideration.

I've since had communication with a Decision Maker Lead who's requested a second assessment, this one F2F. 
  • AhhBisto
    I've had calls from several CM and DM's I don't know if that's something they do for appointees or for delayed cases? I know we've been let down several times and complaints been sent in via MP and Nurses. However I find they still dont have the power or want to do anything immediately.
  • Nattie3
    edited August 2019
    AhhBisto said:
    I've had calls from several CM and DM's I don't know if that's something they do for appointees or for delayed cases? I know we've been let down several times and complaints been sent in via MP and Nurses. However I find they still dont have the power or want to do anything immediately.
    I don't believe they'd generally contact claimants, but I would imagine if you're going through additional issues that requires them to take additional steps in to claims then they'd make contact, like they have done with both you and me. 

Hope you're moving forward with yours? I'm now waiting for the extra F2F with the Health Assessors. DWP eventually agreed that my award which they had assigned to me was wrong as my condition didn't fit that specific criteria, but they couldn't agree on a correct one, which has called for this extra assessment, if they look at the evidence they wouldn't need to but hey, they know best.
  • AhhBisto
    edited August 2019
    Nattie3 said:
    I don't believe they'd generally contact claimants, but I would imagine if you're going through additional issues that requires them to take additional steps in to claims then they'd make contact, like they have done with both you and me. 

Hope you're moving forward with yours? I'm now waiting for the extra F2F with the Health Assessors. DWP eventually agreed that my award which they had assigned to me was wrong as my condition didn't fit that specific criteria, but they couldn't agree on a correct one, which has called for this extra assessment, if they look at the evidence they wouldn't need to but hey, they know best.
    I called today to clarify some information as he called me at 8:15 in the morning I wasn't quite with it yet.

The person I spoke to told me the notes he put down was that it had gone in for another rework with Capita not for another f2f or anything just to revise the decision the previous assessor had made. She let me know I should call back in 10 days but because of bank holiday to give it till 2 weeks Friday in case.

I also made sure that the medical evidence was all there from the relevant people and it was.

I can only hope that because it's already had 1 rework and now it's in for a second they will ignore the notes from the first assessor who wasn't up to the task twice (she did mention that it would be highly unlikely that the same assessor will be involved and will be moved to a new "professional".)
  • tinka1992
    This happens to me same person who.assment me look at it again but case manger still wasnt happy so send it again and I won my mr hope u get outcome u want dont give up i nearly did as it was making me even more I'll waiting 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @AhhBisto, how are you getting on with this?
    Scope

• AhhBisto
    Hi @AhhBisto, how are you getting on with this?
    Still waiting unfortunately told last week to call next week for the rework to be done. She made it sound like the notes on the system showed it was just going to be reworked with a new health professional. 

However every step of the way we've been let down and delayed so no faith in what they say. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sorry to hear that @AhhBisto! I hope the next phone call is more positive.
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.