Medical note — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Medical note

kami24
kami24 Community member Posts: 402 Pioneering
I cannot get a medical note as i have recently moved and haven't got an appointment with the gp for another 2 weeks so i will have no money for 3 weeks this means and this new surgery seem to be being awkward as they could be kinder and do one just for the 2 week period i need it for can i complain about it or get a phone call from the gap and get a medical note that way or even from the old surgery as they knew me??? 

Comments

• kami24
    No family or friends to give me money and I would have no food 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

As you're claiming ESA then you will need to sent a fit/sick note otherwise your ESA will be suspended. Are you still registered with your old GP or have you already found a different one in your new location?

If you've got a new GP then it will be them you'll need to speak to. I'd advise ringing the GP surgery and speak to a receptionist and tell them that you need a fit note urgently, if you don't receive the fit note then your benefits will stop and this will cause financial hardship.

When was your fit note due to be sent in by?

I know you've had your work capability assessment recently, have you rang to ask if a decision's been made? Or rang to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you? If you haven't then i'd advise you to do this and ring to ask if a decision's been made. If it has and you're placed into one of the groups then you won't have send in anymore fit notes. If a decision's not been made then you will need to send the fit note.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kami24
    I have rang up bit assessment was only 8 days ago so nothing on the system yet and i have just wrote a long note to the surgery and they know i am tense as i have no family or friends to ask for money so they have done me a note for the time i needed 2 week but who knows after that but hopefully i can see a gp before then sadly gp appointments are fully booked up across the country. Thank you for your help poppy 
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome.
    I'm glad you got your fit note, finally. I don't know if you know but you can send these online, which is much quicker and easier than any other way. This way DWP will receive it very quickly and your ESA payments will continue. See link here.

Hopefully you won't be waiting too long for a decision. Do let us know the outcome when you do receive it. Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • kami24
    I have the fit note and scanned it up about 4pm yesterday so will they look at that today and will i be paid as usual and also the doctor made a minor mistake on the form ticked 2 boxes but i am hoping it will be okay
  • poppy123456
    It should be seen quickly because you scanned it and sent it online. Whether you'll receive your money on time will depend when you're due to be paid. Was the fit note you sent dated from when the previous one ended?

I also answered your question on your other thread.
  • kami24
    Rang dwp esa line and helpful man said they need proper dates so just been back into surgery and doctor did it wrong so he has to do another one but it won't be ready until tomorrow then they won't pay me and tense about it all and if i scan it tomorrow will they pay me asap as they know i have nothing else 
  • poppy123456
    When is your payment due? 
  • kami24
    Tomorrow and it's bank Holiday as well but the dwp man said scan it up immediately when i get it i am hoping it's in the morning or late morning and hopefully the doctor does it 
  • poppy123456
    If you don't receive your money tomorrow and you have the sick note, once is sent give DWP a call and ask them to do a same day payment. If it's not done tomorrow then it will be next week.
  • kami24
    Hopefully i can send a photo of it in the morning and the helpful Welsh man in the jobcentre office i spoke to said i should be able to ask for a same day payment once they have the medical note. I guess i will ne okay to Tuesday if i have to be
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope it comes through today @kami24 :)
    Scope

• kami24
    Thanks but nothing yet 
  • kami24
    Went to the doctors and as it was friday the receptionist just said sorry admin hasn't done it yet and that was it no apologies. I preferred my old surgery abf and this one seems very average seeing a doctor Wednesday anyway so hopefully he will improve my opinion of it! I must get medical note Tuesday and hopefully dwp hurries up with the esa decision so i can let gp know if i need ongoing medical notes/certificates or whatever you call them!!! 
  • Chloe_Scope
    I bet that was annoying! I hope you managed to get the note today. :) 
    Scope

• kami24
    No tomorrow hopefully 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Fingers crossed!
    Scope

• kami24
    Finally got it at 2pm today and scanned it straight through but hopefully my esa decision comes through the post soon so i know if i need more medical notes etcetc 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.