how long do I go on — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

how long do I go on

phillucy
phillucy Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I am now 70 years of age. after 27 years I lost my mobilty car when I was 68 -- I am still sending letters about the way I was treated by ATOS and the appeal PANEL . I just want to speak to somebody and explain my problem ( but over th last year and a half I have no luck ) is there anybody I can tell my problems to ( it's a long story  and will take some telling ).

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,914 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Are you wanting to just talk to someone or make a complaint about the Tribunal hearing? If it's just to talk to someone then have you spoke to your GP who maybe able to refer you for councelling? This link may also help. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/counselling/

Other than that as the Tribunal was so long ago then i'm afraid you're outside the timeframe for you to do anything about this now.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @phillucy   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

Sorry to hear this. I do understand having lost my car on the scheme a year ago. 

Having been on the scheme 20 years.

I am one of the team of community champions.  We guide, advise and help new members who join the community.

Please may I suggest you could contact your local MP.  They are interested in any of our community.  Who have had problems with the benefits system.

The main problem with losing your car is never really get over it. Yet your life has to adapt. I have done so use taxis.

Get everything delivered. Shopping, prescriptions and much more.

To give yourself some reassurance and confidence is trying to live your life and think of ways to cope.

There are ways.  I would contact any of the links I have provided may be able to help.

Some will be able to advise you on support and some may give you information with your current situation.

https://www.ageuk.org.uk.

Helpline 0800 055 6112

https://www.volunteeringmatters.org.uk./project/rsvp-driving schemes.

This one is a charity RVSP offers a volunteer driving scheme in certain areas. Useful for hospitals or appointments.

https://www.salvationarmy.org.uk.

Helpline 020 7367 4500

https://www.redcross.org.uk.

The last two are worth contacting might be useful.

I know Salvation Army and Red Cross are there to help in a crisis or a problem.

Please if I can help with any thing else. Need to listen be supportive happy to do so.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • phillucy
    phillucy Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I am sorry but it would take me weeks to put on pap[er all the things that have happened since going to see ATOS I CANNOT USE A KEYBOARD VERY FAST. I  really  think I would be best speaking to somebody who could give me advice.
  • kami24
    kami24 Community member Posts: 402 Pioneering
    Sorry to hear this especially at the age of 70 they should treat you with more respect. See the CAB they may be able to type it all down for you as you say it and then send it for you. If you are in genuine need and have a lack of money too then it is disgusting how they have treated you and I would definitely try to complain about it all. 
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2019
    Hello @phillucy   Thank you for reply.  I am sorry if the links I provided. Are not much help.

I thought you were asking for emotional and wellbeing support. Since losing your car and your experiences with ATOS.

Please can I also say your not alone with the experiences of your assessments.

Many members have had ordeals and lots of certain aspects of the assessment. That did not go to plan or something happened.

Including myself self over a long time period.

I could fill an exercise book.

I do  understand have a heart. Here to listen to those with problems and I am sensitive with caring approach.

I just wanted to add. If that helps you write down.

I do know from personal experiences and circumstances. That is does help mentally.  Even if that means by hand.

I had to do this by a counsellor.  Who advised me to do this because of my own circumstances my life story.   

There are people you can talk to. One of the reasons I gave you the links.

Please can I ask if we can help further.

Please get in touch.

Take care.

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @phillucy
    I'm so sorry to hear you are having a tough time. I would highly recommend Age UK, their helpline can be a real support. You can call them on 0800 055 6112

You aren't alone, it can be such a stressful time and we all need a bit of help.

Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness