Broken up with partner — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Broken up with partner

Jimmyohare67
Jimmyohare67 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited August 2019 in Autism and neurodiversity
I broke up with my girlfriend a few months ago that moved to Nottingham for University, we are both autistic, but she is undiagnosed, and she suffered severely with depression, alcohol and drug problems and learning difficulties.

She was and will again be my best friend one day, but I finally had to cut her out for the good of my mind and although I feel better, I never had a person that understood all of the unusual things that I did or needed like she did, and I feel so alone in the world now because she was the first in 28 years that knew everything about me.

I am struggling with life right now and I just want someone who can appreciate my mind and qualities, but there is nobody here.

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Jimmyohare67
    Welcome to the community and I am sorry to hear about your break up. It sounds like you know that the relationship wasn't healthy for you at this time. That doesn't make it any easier to deal with though, does it?

Do you have any friends you can spend a bit of time with now? Or maybe this is a good time to look at starting something new? Joining a group, starting a new hobby, meeting new people?

MeetUp is a website that advertises lots of groups and meetings and you can search via location and interest, so that might be worth a look?

Also The National Autistic Society has a Befriending and Mentoring scheme that you might be interested in? 

You are really welcome here on the community too, get involved, get chatting and maybe we can help you feel a little less alone :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Jimmyohare67 and a warm welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear about your break up, I imagine it cannot have been an easy decision.

I just wanted to echo @Sam_Scope and say that you are very welcome and the community is always here for a chat. :)
    Scope

• emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hello @Jimmyohare67 welcome to the community. I’m sorry to hear about your breakup. Know that the community is here should you need anything.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Jimmyohare67 and welcome also to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thanks for sharing with us.  I'm really sorry to hear about your recent break-up and appreciate that this must be a difficult time for you.  We are all here to support you on the Community so please just give us a shout if you need anything.  Here will be an opportunity for you to meet new friends as there are many lovely people on the forum.  I look forward to seeing future posts from you.  All the best.   :)
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness