severe disability premium — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

severe disability premium

paullove
paullove Community member Posts: 8 Listener

filled in a form for SDP.As I dom't have a partner,nor do I pay fpr a carerer, is there a lengthy process  for them to evaluate my possible entitlement?.do they need to be chased up?.

peace and big hugs.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Claiming by phone is usually the quickest way but even through filling out the form it's usually done quite fast and most likely 3-4 weeks give or take.

You do need to be claiming an income related benefit to be able to claim the SDP though such as Income Related ESA,JSA or Income Support. You must also be claiming either DLA mid/high rate care/ PIP daily living or Attendance allowance.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @paullove, how long have you currently been waiting?
    Scope

• paullove
    paullove Community member Posts: 8 Listener

HELLO AND GREETINGS.

It's been around three weeks since I sent my SDP  form back.Recently,however,a staff member of the DWP miss-directed my sick note,which resulted in it being resent;after 4 yes 4 long hours of waiting on the phone.I don't know whether this would be added to the equation?

warm hugs and gratitude.

• kami24
    kami24 Community member Posts: 402 Pioneering
    Are you on JSA OR ESA INCOME RELATED? YOU CAN CLAIM SDP IF YOU ARE AND HAVE NO PARTNER OR OF THEY MOVE OUT OR LEAVE YOU ETC
  • kami24
    kami24 Community member Posts: 402 Pioneering
    I think I rang up for and did a change of circumstances as I broke up with my partner then they added it so maybe you need to do a change of circumstances 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @paullove, have you heard anything else about this? :)
    Scope

• worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    edited September 2019
    I was quoted 6 days processing time, 2 weeks absolute maximum for my SDP earlier this week.  I was also told if hear nothing within 6 days its ok to call and chase up.  So much much faster than claiming PIP.

However I am already eligible for IR ESA (so have already passed that means testing), if you also need means testing it may take longer.

Hope this helps.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    As been mentioned here by @poppy123456 Best to phone the ESA number and ask them to do it over the phone, the form they use is called IS10 takes just a few minutes to do No awkward questions to answer, and it is added to your ESA within days. That's how I did mine. Good luck people.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.