Pip mr won - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip mr won

2»

Comments

• tinka1992
    tinka1992 Community member Posts: 97 Connected
    Thanks u I will have a look as it's all new to me 
  • tinka1992
    Sorry poppy when is pip backdated from please I called up February got my fourm in March 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,325 Disability Gamechanger
    If you didn't transfer from DLA and it was a new claim then it's from when you rang to start your claim.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • tinka1992
    I wasnt on dla it was fresh claim thanks I just wanted to double check I work out its 1000 and 900 surely they wouldn't pay that much in one go 
  • saz11
    saz11 Community member Posts: 121 Pioneering
    @tinka1992

As i posted yesterday it will be backdated to when you first made the claim.. From your later post that will be from when you called in Feb.

Also yes any money owed will be paid in one payment to you.

Hope that helps.

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Amazing news @tinka1992, thanks for sharing! :)
    Scope

• tinka1992
    Sorry to ask loads of stuff if I have been award it till 2023 when will they reassess me 
  • poppy123456
    At the moment reviews are taking place 6 months before the award is due to end. Whether it will change at that time i don't know because it's more than 3 years away.

I'd advise you to try to relax for a while now it's all over. Treat yourself to something nice when you receive all that backdated money. :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    You've done all the hard work now @tinka1992, I can understand you being apprehensive about the reassessment. But for the time being you can relax. :)
    Scope

• tinka1992
    Thank u chloe and poppy I have just had a letter dated on 19th saying we making decision on your pip but Wednesday they said I been award it I am worrying and confused now the letter is dated money 
  • tinka1992
    Dated Monday sorry 
  • poppy123456
    The letter was dated Monday but didn't you have the decision on Wednesday which was when you started this thread? That will mean that the decision was made after the letter was sent. Please try to relax, i'm sure the next letter you receive from DWP will be the decision letter.
  • tinka1992
    The letter was dated Monday but didn't you have the decision on Wednesday which was when you started this thread? That will mean that the decision was made after the letter was sent. Please try to relax, i'm sure the next letter you receive from DWP will be the decision letter.
    Hi poppy if my partner gets carer for me do they take this out of my pip we get unvical credit and I work little part time job 
  • poppy123456
    He can claim the carers element of Universal credit. He doesn't need to claim carers allowance. Claiming the carers element won't affect your PIP because it's totally different. To claim this he needs to report the changes on your journal.
  • tinka1992
    Ok not sure how we know how do this can he ring them up 
  • poppy123456
    He needs to report a change of circumstances on his journal that he now cares for you for at least 35 hours per week and to also ask for the carers element to be added.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.