Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal

kezhendo73
kezhendo73 Community member Posts: 37 Courageous
Hello everyone I just wanted to share my good news with you
Yesterday I was at my tribunal at my local courthouse 
 I appealed against the decision made in June 2018 
My pip was cut from enhanced to standard for both.
I arrived 30 minutes early and not long after we were greeted by a lovely lady court usher who asked if I had any more evidence my daughter said only some photos of some of the many injuries I have had due to falls as she was going through my file she was saying what was there when the lady said diary they haven't seen that my daughter explained it was sent in with some other things but apparently not of it had been seen, 
My daughter said that it have been sent back to us as well as been sent to some other lady who lives miles and miles away from me.
Anyway the lady took it all for them to read.
 By this point my anxiety was through the roof and it seemed like we had been sat there forever but it was only 45 minutes plus and 30minutes 
The lady came out shortly after for me to go in, so my cab representative my daughter and myself went in,
 it was nothing like I expected there was three people sat at a long desk a doctor the judge and a lady who knew about disability.
 I sat down and the lady judge asked me to let her know when I was ready which I told her i was she smiled and turned to my representative and said she was reinstating my points as they should never of been taken off me and she was extending my award until June 2021( in my daughters words)  she also mentioned something about the law but i didn't understand what she meant,
Then she turned back to me and said if i would wait in the waiting room and to be honest I didn't know why so i just smiled and went outside it was only when my daughter explained that the lady had read all my paperwork and that was enough for her to decide. 
  To say i am over the moon is an understatement.

So if anyone is reading this and has had their money stopped or cut please fight it it will be worth it in the end.
 I have had the worse year with my health both mentally and physically and some many times I've just wanted to give up but that is what they want you to do.
 I would also like to thank all the ones that have helped me and given me advice and encouragement on this site your stars many thanks ?xx

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.