Pip appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip appeal

kezhendo73
kezhendo73 Community member Posts: 37 Courageous
Hi all, just a quick one I have my p i.p tribunal in the morning I am just wondering how early I should get there.
I'm in a panic about it all and never thought to ask about what time to get there for. 

Comments

• Jurph
    Jurph Community member Posts: 369 Pioneering
    Have you checked the letter?

Mine said 15 minutes before but I got there 30 minutes before just in case. Glad I did as it took a while to get through security.

Good luck! Let us know how you get on.
  • kezhendo73
    Thank you for your reply 
     I have checked it but no just the time of it 10.45am but I'm not surprised.
    I had a phone call last week from a lady who had received my appeal papers as well as her own, there seems to be so many mix ups.
      I will give myself an extra half an hour just in case, thank you again ?

• Cazann
    Cazann Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
    Thank you for your reply 
     I have checked it but no just the time of it 10.45am but I'm not surprised.
    I had a phone call last week from a lady who had received my appeal papers as well as her own, there seems to be so many mix ups.
      I will give myself an extra half an hour just in case, thank you again ?

Hi @kezendo73. I had my tribunal nearly 4 weeks ago and I was advised to get there 15 minutes before my allotted time. I arrived 30 mins before.  After I'd spoken to the clerk and was told what to expect at the tribunal, he said that the panel may wish to deal with my case early and I agreed. I was called into the tribunal 15 mins earlier than my allotted time. It was all over in 20 mins and then a further 10 minutes wait for thier decision  It was a better experience than I was expecting and I was awarded PIP!
    Good luck for tomorrow. xx
  • kezhendo73
    Thank you for your reply @Cazann.
    That's great news for you I know what I'm feeling is what everyone must feel the dredded feeling I'm trying my best to think positive but it's still there.
    Your case sounds great but I bet you were feeling this horrid feeling to..
    Can i ask what sort of questions do they ask you? So happy yours went the way you wanted it to ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

The questions they ask will depend on your case and how your conditions affect you. You will have to speak for yourself during your hearing unless you have an appointee and then they will be able to speak on your behalf.

Just so that you're aware that sometimes it's not possible for them to make a decision on the day of the hearing. If this happens they will write to you within a couple of days. It doesn't mean anything at all if this does happen, all it means is they couldn't make a decision on the day. Lots of people have to wait and are successfully awarded.

Good luck and do let us know the outcome.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kezhendo73
    Thanks for your reply @poppy123456
    I have been reading up on here and seen that it sometimes goes like that just keeping everything crossed can't believe today is finely here it's hard so explain how you feel apart from panicky.
         I will let you know how I go on later thanks again x
  • Cazann
    Thank you for your reply @Cazann.
    That's great news for you I know what I'm feeling is what everyone must feel the dredded feeling I'm trying my best to think positive but it's still there.
    Your case sounds great but I bet you were feeling this horrid feeling to..
    Can i ask what sort of questions do they ask you? So happy yours went the way you wanted it to ?
    Hi @kezhendo73. I don't know what time your tribunal is today but, if you can try to relax. It is a stressful time but I just kept telling myself that, 'I match the descriptors of my PIP appeal and should get the award'. I was asked things like, how far I can walk, how I manage my shopping, how I manage my bathing etc. All the things that were related to the descriptors. Also they asked about medication and how long I had been on them. I answered them as I had put them on my claim form. As Poppy said, they will ask you questions on, how your conditions affects you.
    Good luck for today. :)
  • Jurph
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @kezhendo73, I hope it went okay yesterday. :)
    Scope

• kezhendo73
    Hi everyone just a quick update yesterday couldn't of gone any better 
    I was awarded enhanced for both until June 2021 thank you everyone for your advice and encouragement xx
  • Jurph
    That's such great news @kezhendo73! Congratulations!
  • kezhendo73
    Thanks so much @Jurph it's been a very hard year but worth it, ?
    This site has helped me so much  I'm so grateful 
  • kezhendo73
    @Jurph I have just seen you won yours too.
       Fantastic news 
           Well done ?
  • Jurph
    Yeah! It's a good month for us! @kezhendo73
  • Cazann
    Hi everyone just a quick update yesterday couldn't of gone any better 
    I was awarded enhanced for both until June 2021 thank you everyone for your advice and encouragement xx
    Hi kezhendo73
    So pleased that you got your award. Congratulations! :)

• kezhendo73
    Thank @Cazann I'm so glad it's over with.
        Thank you for all your advice ?⭐
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    That's amazing news @kezhendo73!! I'm so happy for you!
    Scope

• kezhendo73
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
  • kezhendo73
    Thank you @April2018mommy
    It still doesn't seem real after all the worry and stress it has caused over the last year.?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.