PIP review wait time? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP review wait time?

westwellgoddard
westwellgoddard Community member Posts: 19 Listener
Hello. Asking for a friend on there paperwork there award days 23/08/2020 is the end date but says they’ll contact them a year before obviously for a review as they always do. Does anyone know how long the review form takes to come? As need to get all letters ready. Thanks

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @westwellgoddard welcome to the community! Previously, the timeline for reviews was up to 1 year before the award was due to end. The new timeline is 6 months before the award is due to end. Please let us know if you have any further questions :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • westwellgoddard
    Ami2301 said:
    Hi @westwellgoddard welcome to the community! Previously, the timeline for reviews was up to 1 year before the award was due to end. The new timeline is 6 months before the award is due to end. Please let us know if you have any further questions :)
    No I understand that. They said they was calling me up a year before. Just wanted to know how long after the date it take for the letter to arrive?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,367 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It will be a review form that you'll receive, which will be 6 months before the end of your award, so expect it towards end of February 2020.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Government_needs_reform
    Government_needs_reform Community member Posts: 859 Pioneering
    PIP review form will be called an AR1, as others have said you will receive it with 6 moths left on the award. 

It was a year before, and the DWP are seem to be doing them at the 6 months point.
    ⬇️
    I created one of the campaign election videos for Labour, and Jeremy Corbyn,
    This is a new version of Emeli Sande, Hope "You Are Not Alone
    I highlighted everything that's wrong with this country from benefits, NHS, UC etc, but now we have to put up with the hate now that is the Tories. 

You can see the video here.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P5o8hRHh9IY

• westwellgoddard
    No. It says on the reward he’ll be contacted after 23/08/2019. What I’m saying is how long does it take for the AR1 form to come after that date? He spoke to them a few months back they said it won’t be 6 months before it’ll be 1 year before. I’ve just been awarded PIP a few weeks back and they also said they’ll contact me a year before. But someone else I know is being contacted 6 months before. All I wanna know is how long it takes after the day they say they’ll come contact you for the form to arrive?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,367 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2019
    You're not understanding what we are trying to say. Reviews are no longer 1 year before so you won't be contacted this month or next month. You won't be sent the AR1 forms until after February 23rd 2020, which is 6 months before if your award ends in August 2020.

Alot of DWP advisers don't know the reviews changed from 1 year to 6 months but they definitely have. If they hadn't then you would have received the forms by now.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.