What do you wish you could buy from a vending machine? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What do you wish you could buy from a vending machine?

Options
Adrian_Scope
Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team

Sausage vending machines booming in Germany

Hungry Germans craving a sausage in the dead of night are increasingly turning to vending machines for their bratwurst, bockwurst, and barbecue meats.

The machines are “booming” outside German cities where shops are less likely to stay open for long hours, according to a survey by the German Press Agency.

Source: Independent

I've never had the immense pleasure of eating a sausage straight out of a vending machine and I'm not entirely sure they'd catch on here, but what vending machine would you like to see?

When
you're sat waiting for an appointment and a selection of chocolate bars are beckoning you across the room, what do you wish that shiny vending machine was offering instead? What's the weirdest thing you've seen a vending machine sell?
Community Manager
Scope

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have seen vending machines that sell food. That is the strangest thing I have ever seen a vending machine sell. I was talking about this with a friend earlier and she wondered why tourist information centres do not have vending machines that stock leaflets. That would be handy for customers. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A vending machine of hot halloumi would be amazing while waiting for an appointment! 
    Scope

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Unrealistic idea: money vending machine

Realistic: Affirmation vending machine. With a heart shaped button to press and it would give out a card/piece of paper with a positive thought/affirmation on it to make someone's day.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • April2018mom
    Options
    Ami2301 said:
    Unrealistic idea: money vending machine

Realistic: Affirmation vending machine. With a heart shaped button to press and it would give out a card/piece of paper with a positive thought/affirmation on it to make someone's day.
    That is a good idea! 
  • easy
    easy Scope Member Posts: 670 Pioneering
    Options
    Love       no idea what the price would be? 
  • Harp
    Harp Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
    Options
    If you want anything from a vending machine, go live in Japan as they got vending machine for nearly everything. I never been to Japan but seen many videos about their vending machines. They have ones that make pizzas

I like to see in a vending machine accessible stems like magnification items, pen and paper to write things on, gloves ie for pushing wheelchairs, blankets,heat pads, something to occupy the mind
    https://www.facebook.com/1Voice.Vision.of.the.heart/
    Everyone has the right to have a say in what ever method they use

• Chloe_Scope
    Options
    A school in New York has a vending machine full of books!  <3

https://www.boredpanda.com/school-installs-free-books-vending-machine/
    Scope

• pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have seen vending machines that sell food. That is the strangest thing I have ever seen a vending machine sell. I was talking about this with a friend earlier and she wondered why tourist information centres do not have vending machines that stock leaflets. That would be handy for customers. 
    Hi April.....I ran Tourist Information Centres in my former life! You friend`s idea of vending machines for leaflets never came up!
  • M_Anthony
    M_Anthony Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 309 Pioneering
    edited August 2019
    Options
    I am not sure if anyone ever visited a Soda Fountain diner. There are some in the UK; I would love a vending machine that mixes a flavoured soda with an ice cream flavour of your choice.
  • April2018mom
    Options
    Hi April.....I ran Tourist Information Centres in my former life! You friend`s idea of vending machines for leaflets never came up!
    But isn’t it a good idea?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    I would love a vending machine of stationary... 
    Scope

Brightness