Length of time — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Length of time

cath33
cath33 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
hiya just wondering if anyone has noticed if a person is turned down do they receive their letter any sooner than a successful outcome 

Comments

• AhhBisto
    AhhBisto Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
    Unfortunately if and when you receive a letter has no indication of a decision. With us for example letters take over 10-14 days to arrive each time, however it took a mere 14 hours for them to receive ours.

If you are concerned about the time a decision is taking the best thing to do is call their support centre and see if anything has been actioned.
  • cath33
    cath33 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    That’s great, thanks for your reply, 4 weeks since my assessment so starting to get anxious, I’m afraid to ring them because I want to know the outcome but I don’t want to know at the same time because I don’t think I would have the fight in me for appeals & tribunals 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You can ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report to be sent to you, this will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report.

There's no timescales for decisions, it depends on backlog in your area.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Jurph
    Jurph Community member Posts: 369 Pioneering
    edited August 2019
    You could ring and ask for a copy of the assessor's report. That'll give you what points have been recommended. The decision maker doesn't always follow that but they usually do.
  • Jurph
    Jurph Community member Posts: 369 Pioneering
    I was awarded 0 points in a record 4 days. I had the assessment on the 1st Feb and denied PIP on the 4th. I got the letter on the 12th.

This was 2018 though.
  • AhhBisto
    AhhBisto Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
    4 weeks isn't much I think they recommend 6-8 ours took 11 weeks after a rework and several staff members contacted because they lost the assessment report. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 587 Listener
    I had my review assessment on April 4th, it took 3 weeks for Capita to send it to the DWP and only sent it when the DWP requested, I then got a text on the 25th of April to say they'd gotten my report, I've had 3 "we've gotten all of your info" letters during this time and my award is due to end on November 19th. It's taken 18 weeks so far or 21 if you add the 3 weeks to it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.