Advice would be great :) — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice would be great :)

damagedlad71
damagedlad71 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
Hey all.
so after attending my PIP assessment - I requested a copy of my assessment paperwork, much like it would seem a lot of people the assessor had ignored what I had tried my best to explain to him about how my condition effects my day to day life.
Going on what the MHN and my best friend worked out I’m going to have to ask for a mandatory reconsideration. I have a couple of questions for anyone that may have some experience, although I did submit a letter which my Doctor wrote about my current state of mind in his opinion I should not attend and a list of current medication, there wasn’t much else in terms of supporting evidence.
Since my assessment I’ve now got a care coordinator and I’m under the community consultant psychiatrist.
I plan on submitting a letter from my GP outlining how my illness effects my daily living in more detail.
Is this likely to make any difference at the mandatory reconsideration stage? Or does adding additional information only really come into play at the tribunal stage???
if anyone could offer some insight I’d be really grateful :)
i hope everyone has a peaceful happy Sunday
Chris. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

It's the dots next to the descriptors in the report you need to look at. Compare them against the PIP descriptors to see what you scored, if anything. They mostly go with the report.

If you're not happy once a decision's been made you have 1 month to request the MR. Only 18% of decisions change at this stage so you'll most likely have to take it to Tribunal.

A letter from a GP isn't the best evidence to send because a GP will very rarely know how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors.

When requesting the MR you should put it in writing stating where you think you should have scored those points and your reasons why. Adding a couple of real life examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you.

Avoid mentioning any lies/contradictions that may have been told in the report because DWP/Tribunal won't be interested in any of those. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • damagedlad71
    damagedlad71 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    @poppy123456
    Thank you very much :)
    this is exactly the sort of thing I was hoping  to get some insight into ?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @damagedlad71 and a very warm welcome to the community!

If you have any further questions then please do let us know. In the meantime, feel free to have a look around and get involved. :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.