Dla to p I p for 16 year old — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dla to p I p for 16 year old

Options
gerrys6
gerrys6 Community member Posts: 176 Courageous
edited September 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi all my daughter turned 16 in June and we have the form to fill in for p I p from d l a she’s got various mental health things and adhd two months ago I asked the the d l a to send the p I p all her paperwork that they have I’ve rang yday they haven t sent them and I need to ring d l a but couldn’t get thru on the phone on the number that p I p gave me . I got a two week extension yday and I rang the c a b last week to make an appointment as my one is shut to walk ins until the end of October and no ones rang me back. I’m getting pretty panicky ! 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,001 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Sometimes it can take as long as 1 hour to get through to DWP to i'd advise you to keep on ringing and eventually you'll get through.

If you can't get an appointment with an advice agency then you'll need to start to fill out the form yourself. You don't need to use any specific wording when filling out these forms, just put as much information as possible about how her conditions affect her against the PIP descriptors. Adding a couple of examples of what happened that last time she attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to her.

Agencies can be helpful but really the only person that knows your daughter is yourself.

I would advise you to also send more up to date evidence with the form, especially if she's been claiming DLA for a long time. DLA and PIP are different benefits with different criteria.

Expect a face to face assessment because most people have them. If you're her appointee then you'll be able to answer all questions on her behalf during the assessment. If not, then she'll need to answer them herself.

If the form is returned on time then her DLA will continue until a decision's been made on her PIP. This link may help with filling out the form. Good luck.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Options
    gerrys6,
    I agree with Poppy's advice and the CitA link is really helpful.

You could also do the PIP self-test with your daughter which gives you an idea of what points she thinks she should get & then you can think about how to get that across on the form.

As Poppy says, if you can get recent medical evidence to send in, that's really helpful.

It's not essential to get an agency to help you - and much better to make sure the form is sent back in time. As Poppy says, as long as you return the form on time DLA will carry on for now.

Will

The Benefits Training Co:

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @gerrys6, how are you getting on?
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.