Review result — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Review result

Options
sheZZa
sheZZa Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
After completing my review form for ESA in May , today I received their decision and fortunately I am still in the support group. I have not had an assessment. Obviously I am very pleased but they are going to look at it again in November 2019. Just three months away. This seems very quick. 

PS. PIP Appeal has been logged. Updates to follow. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,046 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Great news. If a decisions definitely been made then you would have had a paper based assessment. May i ask how you know the length of time, did you ring and ask? There's never any length of time on decision letter for ESA. Though you can be re-assessed anytime from 3 months.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sheZZa
    Options
    @poppy123456
    i returned my review form in May. The award letter said that I had been placed in the support group. It then went into detail about the work related group and volunteering etc. It also said that they had my personal details, bank account details etc. My previous letters have just been updates of money being paid into my account when the amount I receive has changed. I’ve only ever had a paper based assessment. I hope I’m not reassessed in November ? although I do have the support from my gp who says she will complete any form to say that I’m not fit for work.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,046 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If on the letter it says anything about payments from now until November then this will be because of the Christmas bonus that's paid, it doesn't mean you'll be re-assessed at this time. Letters like this confuse people. ESA decision letters never have review dates on them.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sheZZa
    Options
    It is all very confusing but thank you for your comments. Fingers crossed it will be at least a year. 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Congratulations! You must be over the moon @sheZZa
  • sheZZa
    Options
    @April2018mom
    I am. Such a relief. Third time too. Shame I can’t say the same about PIP! 
  • julesthomo
    julesthomo Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Options
    You can call them and they will tell you how long the award is for, great news though 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Congratulations @sheZZa!
    Scope

• sheZZa
    Options
    @julesthomo
    I think I’d rather wait and see lol. 
    Thanks anyway.
  • sheZZa
    Options
    @Chloe_Scope
    Thank you. It’s such a relief.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm not surprised! 
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.