Help on pip tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help on pip tribunal

sam12
sam12 Posts: 1,338 Pioneering
What do. I expect am scared messing up i struggle to explain things lawyer got the date to b4 I told her they goin to call b4 i go am terrified i end up crying 

Comments

• sam12
    What's advise best to wear i habit dressing up my lawyer said no pls advice me thanks 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    edited August 2019
    Hi @sam12, they're not as formal as people think, you'll be fine. Will your support worker or social worker be going in to the tribunal with you? It is good to have someone there so you're not alone.

As for what to wear, this is entirely up to you! It's best to dress as you normally would dress.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

You should wear what you would always wear. Answer those questions honestly. I'm sure there's other that will give advice too about their experiences. Lots of people say it wasn't as scary as they thought.

Do let us know the outcome. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sam12
    Intend to over dress but lawyer said dress comfortable i. Just wear leggings in top though am nervous coming early then expected this should be Nov money for Christmas be great can go Southport am scared to go alone though i should win this 
  • sam12
    I certainly will. I should not really get over dressed though. I think leggings in blouse flat shoes make up don't wear though. Just lawyer ssid not over dress i look tomorrow decide on something. As i don't get out i alway like to look smart. But be its social am put off. I will be with social worker n support worker we had laugh yesterday poor support worker she was in stitches she cuddle me yesterday because I was crying being low moods 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope you have been able to decide what to wear @sam12 :)
    Scope

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @sam12   Best wishes with your tribunal you get a positive result and outcome.

You have your support worker or social worker attending that will be good as they are there to help and guide you.

Wish to add.

You be fine and look amazing whatever your wearing

To give you reassurance  and confidence.

Take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • sam12
  • sam12
    What i to do pip tribunal i kant speak for  myself very well 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Just do the best you can, they are usually very understanding.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @sam12, I understand how scary these assessments can feel but like Adrian said, they are not as formal as you think. Will your support worker be there with you?
    Scope

• sam12
  • sam12
    What if i need to drain mucus in court which i kant keep in problem
  • sam12
    What triggers mh is it my fault i had it all
  • Chloe_Scope
    Hi @sam12, I understand this is worrying you. If you explain this to your support worker I am sure it will not be a problem.

Struggling with your mental health is not your fault. It can happen because of experiences that we have had or simply because of how our brain is. It's definitely not your fault @sam12.
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.