Hi I've been recently disabled — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi I've been recently disabled

Options
loulou75
loulou75 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Hi I'm Lou, I had a fall back in April which severely damaged both bones in my lower right leg. Numerous appointment later my bones aren't healing.Im looking at possibly not walking again and I'm struggling with this 

Comments

• emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @loulou75 I’m Emma, one of the Community Champions who are here to help and advise should you need any assistance navigating the community or have any questions. A warm welcome to the community. I’m so sorry to hear about your pain just know that our community is here to support you should you need us.
  • loulou75
    Options
    Thankyou so much Emma,I really need the support right now.I do have an amazing partner which is a blessing 
  • emmarenshaw
    Options
    That’s good to hear.  It must be an awful lot for you to deal with. The community is a wonderful bunch. The Scope Team is here as well incase you need to ask them anything or access their services.
  • loulou75
    Options
    I actually could use some advice...I've been waiting 2 months to hear whether I qualify for pip payments and still haven't had a decision also I've never seen anyone from occupational health to assess what help I need.
  • emmarenshaw
    Options
    I’m going to tag @poppy123456 to see if she can help with the PIP advice. With occupational health maybe give them a ring just to say that you haven’t been assessed  yet.
  • loulou75
    Options
    Thankyou hun x
  • emmarenshaw
    Options
    @loulou75 It’s alright. I hope that helps.
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Loulou, feel for you in losing your mobility. it is so hard to come to terms with.
    A visit from an OT could be useful in getting around safely, both in and out doors.
    PIP can be claimed for a condition you`ve had for 3 months and likely to continue for 9 months.

Good luck sweet. x
  • loulou75
    Options
    I've applied on July 8th for pip and returned all forms yet still awaiting a decision...how long does aplI cation normally take?
  • pollyanna1052
    Options
    I sent my form off for PIP on 21st July and have my home based f2f assessment this thursday. Eeek! I`m dreading it! I sent it recorded delivery. Maybe you could ring to check your`s has been received.
    pollxx
  • loulou75
    Options
    I know they recieved it as they text me to let me know...and when I rang them they said it could be October before I have my assessment...that just seems a long time...wasn't expecting it to take so long to get sorted out!x
  • pollyanna1052
    Options
    oh right. There doesn`t seem to be any particular time scale. i didnt expect my f2f so soon! x
  • loulou75
    Options
    Oh ok hun,fingers crossed I get news soon!x
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @loulou75

Good Afternoon it's great to meet you today ? ? 

I am also one of the Community Champions here at Scope. 

Yes following my Stroke in 1998 at 32 my health has gone down hill "big time"

I have just gone through "PIP" I had my "f2f"at home as there was no way that I could go to them. 

The initial letter that the lady submitted was for" someone else" 

So l sent it back highling all off the errors. 

Please please let me know if there is anything that I can help  you with your" pip" 

@steve51
  • loulou75
    Options
    Hi Steve great to meet u...the whole pip process doesn't seem very organised eh?!I can't believe how long it's taking just to get an assessment,I'm just glad that all payments are backdated as it's been 2 months now,Hopefully it's sorted soon...and hope yours is slightly sorted now too hun
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @loulou75

Yes it is very very "long winded"

Have you had any help with the process to date???

Yes mine took weeks to come back & it was for someone else!!!!

I sent my form's off & I left it with them as I was still getting my "DLA"

@steve51
  • loulou75
    Options
    I've had no help with any of it so far,just crossing fingers that I hear something soon x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.