PIP Report missing crucial details! (and some lies!) - Apologies, accidentally posted twice! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Report missing crucial details! (and some lies!) - Apologies, accidentally posted twice!

hdd
hdd Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited September 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Apologies for the long post, I need to have a little rant!

I had my PIP assessment a little over six weeks ago, I asked for a copy of my report and received this a few days ago - most of the report is actually accurate which is very surprising! But there were crucial details missing and some of my condition was completely downplayed and it's made me quite frankly furious!

Firstly, my assessor wrote in the general observations that I wasn't anxious or agitated with NO mention that I told her before we went in WITH a shaky voice that I felt anxious and had a panic attack half way through the assessment to which she left to room to get me water whilst I puffed on an inhaler and sobbed! I'm really upset she didn't include this in her observations as she made my anxiety seem so irrelevant. 

Whilst I have mobility issues and VERY clear mental health issues which are all documented and reported in the evidence that I provided. I suffer with PTSD, something in which I'm being treated for regarding traumatic incidents whilst travelling which include some not very nice or easy to talk about things. I wrote all of these things down, the assessor did not even spend two minutes talking to me about these things and did not provide m the opportunity to fully disclose them verbally or discuss them. She wrote in her report that I have 'little anxiety' which would not be classed as overwhelming when it comes to travel - I read this and thought how -insert bad word here- dare you! I am SOO incredibly offended that you have passed my absolutely crippling fear off as a little anxiety - especially after at least four documented accounts of psychological trauma relating to this in particular! 

Well - I phoned the DWP and asked how I can communicate I am not happy, and they told me that my decision letter was issued today and to wait until that comes to apply for a mandatory reconsideration.

My question is - has anybody had any luck with this regarding planning journeys and following routes in particular! I just feel so absolutely overwhelmed with upset that she has disregarded all the trauma I've been through which leaves me physically unable to travel on public transport and very overwhelmed/obsessively checking I've locked my doors to my car whilst I'm inside, winding windows up whenever at a stand still and stopping on hardshouders, sides of roads ETC due to travelling anxiety which characterises a lot of the time as sweating, dizziness (feeling of being out of my own body), trembling, crying, hyperventilating! 

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome, I am going to tell it as I see it, the PIP ascessment is not about your illnesses, diagnosis or disability, the ascessment is to assces if you are able to preform, do the PIP descriptiors in a safley repeatable and timely manner taking into account any evidence that was submitted or discussed at the ascessment. You drive a car, alone you didn't say the fact that you and I both drive is a simple fact we can plan and follow a journey if we claim not to then we shouldn't be driving. I use a satnav for all journeys except locally. All hospitals are listed by my daughter. See what your award notification is then seek face to face advice if going for an MR. Remember you only have a month to apply best done by phone and follow up with a written request. 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @hdd
    My son’s first assessment report contained many inaccuracies. Sadly that seems all too common judging from stories on here. 
    The whole point of a PIP assessment is for them to understand what your condition is and how your impairments affect your ability to function alone. For example, say that you cannot walk alone safely, this is taken into account at the assessment by the assessors.
    Since you only have a limited period of time, do not hesitate. Once you have been informed of the award, please get advice on a mandatory reconsideration.
    Here is a useful MR info sheet- https://www.gov.uk/mandatory-reconsideration. Make sure to click on the right link however. Do it via phone and then follow up quickly in writing. Keep us informed and best wishes! If you do not get the letter by the end of the week, ring up and ask. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,343 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @hdd
    My son’s first assessment report contained many inaccuracies. Sadly that seems all too common judging from stories on here. 

Your son claims DLA and this is completely different to PIP with different criteria.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • crazyjo50
    crazyjo50 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi just recieved my assessors  report 2day most things he are true but few were not I suffered with mental health  for gd cpl of yrs never go anywhere  on my own don't  know how plan journey got 0 points for that also they say can talk to ppl don't know face 2 face which never been able do as for livinging component worked out get enhanced rate 
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    crazyjo50 said:
    Hi just recieved my assessors  report 2day most things he are true but few were not I suffered with mental health  for gd cpl of yrs never go anywhere  on my own don't  know how plan journey got 0 points for that also they say can talk to ppl don't know face 2 face which never been able do as for livinging component worked out get enhanced rate 
    Circle any inaccuracies using a red pen. 
  • david235
    david235 Community member Posts: 170 Pioneering
    edited September 2019
  • poppy123456
    crazyjo50 said:
    Have you added up the points that are recommended in the report? Its the dots you need to look for. Compare those with the PIP descriptors to see if there's anything recommended.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • crazyjo50
    Hi Yh mobilty one only gives us 4points that's for walkin 50 metres no more than 200 metres 
  • poppy123456
    crazyjo50 said:
    Hi Yh mobilty one only gives us 4points that's for walkin 50 metres no more than 200 metres 

Daily living points? You mention Enhanced in your above comment, is that what's recommended? If so then even though you didn't score points for engaging with others face to face, you can't be awarded higher than enhanced so not scoring points here doesn't make any difference to your award.

You also mention following and planning a journey? Do you claim for a physical disability? If so then following and planning a journey doesn't apply to you because you can only score points for moving around.
  • crazyjo50
    Just wondering once my report comes from dwp is it worth goin for mr just c if can get mobilty score changed from 4 points 
  • hdd
    hdd Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    crazyjo50 said:
    Did you take a chaperone to your assessment? I only say this because if you went to your assessment by yourself - they would have concluded that you can talk to people face to face as you're there talking to them if you know what I mean! 

Also, poppy123456 is correct in saying that unless you have a mobility issue, the planning journeys section wouldn't apply as that is part of the mobility component of PIP. 

If you have already received an enhanced award for daily living component then thats great! You cannot get a higher award than this :) 
  • crazyjo50
    Ty everyone for there replies been very helpful 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.