Concerned about PIP Tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Concerned about PIP Tribunal

emmalou169
emmalou169 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
edited September 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone 
I'm Emma and I'm 50 years of age
Suffer  with vestibular hydrops disorder a
Hearing impairment of pressure in the inner ear  vertigo dizziness balance and tiñnitus 24 7 plus depression and anxiety that this adds to living with this condition.

Comments

• paffuto10
    paffuto10 Community member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    Hi @emmalou169
    I'm also awake in the middle of the night (often am)  :/

I'm quite new too, only joined last week. 

Sorry to hear about your disorder and depression. I have a number of illnesses including tinnitus, depression. 

It's hard to stay positive isn't it but so far I've found this community a positive, supportive place and hope you will too. 
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @emmalou169

Good Morning it’s great to meet you today.

I am one off a number off Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Yes following my Stroke I have also got similar problems.

Please let me know if you need any help/ assistance getting around ???

@steve51
  • emmalou169
    Hello Steve
    Nice to meet you 
    Thank you 
  • emmalou169
    Hello 
    I don't sleep well with this condition. 
    I do try to stay as positive as possible but some days can be worst than others especially when my Meneries has the better of me,! Can be very frustrating and disappointing to let appointments,friends etc down at last minute due to this condition
    Thank you for responding 
  • paffuto10
    paffuto10 Community member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    Hello @emmalou169

Just to let you know, you're a youngster! 
    I'm 64!  :D
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Brilliant to have you with us @emmalou169. Really glad you've joined the community!

You mention having depression and anxiety. Do you get much support for these?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • emmalou169
    Thank you 
    I happen to join though goggle search As I was concerned about my PIP  tribunal which was meant to be today I Couldn't sleep 
    I had to cancel out yesterday due to no transport to get me there no-one to take me  plus feelings of my illness (Meneries) 
    I waited 12 months and I wasn't an to attend? Worried that it will start go ahead without me. I only got 2 points ? which I thought was terrible thing for the face to face assesser to give me. So I been trying to appeal. Im a single person without support, which is why I needed this PIP for my needs. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.