Tribunal date changed — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal date changed

Options
mel2019
mel2019 Community member Posts: 3 Connected
Hi I have a tribunal coming up on the 11th of September but I had a letter today to say it have been changed to the 16th do anyone know why this would have happened?? 

I'm also really unwell atm and dont think I can attend due to my depression and anxiety through the roof!! 

My kidney problem is really affecting me 

Do anyone have any advice on what I should do??

I have someone representing me and someone that's going to speak for me on my behalf I also went to my doctors yesterday and they gave me a letter stating that I'm unable to attend due to my anxiety and depression and all this is making it worst do anyone think that letter would back me up for not attending??? 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @mel2019,
    I'm really sorry to hear about the distress it's causing you.
    It's likely the date just changed due to availability. Also, tribunals are frequently more successful if you attend in person, so it's always advisable to do so if you can.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,023 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

Sometimes dates change for lots of reasons, thankfully the date hasn't changed that much. You will need to do that as soon as possible.

If you're unable to attend you need to contact HMCTS and tell them that you won't be able to attend and your reasons why. Do be aware that having a representative doesn't mean they will be able to speak on your behalf. Usually the panel want the claimant to speak for theirself in their own words, unless you have an appointee.

It's always in your best interests to attend the Tribunal hearing because this will give you the best chance of a decision in your favour. Paper based hearings have a very low success rate.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.