to be brave enough to say hello to everyone for the first time and to offer 1 piece of advice — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

to be brave enough to say hello to everyone for the first time and to offer 1 piece of advice

bob123
bob123 Community member Posts: 4 Courageous
So here goes ,hello to everyone out there,who go through being disabled and all that comes with trying to get through each day,which with the government shaming our wonderful,caring people and the country we live in ,is harder everyday,enough ranting ,again HELLO and now the advice bit ,for 2 years ,i have been being treated for celulitis and given the same antibiotics over and over ,i was finally rushed into hospital where after a simple swab test and xray was diagnosed with an infection of my bones ,called osteomyelitis and because of the delay is chronic,i may lose my legs ,SO PLEASE FOLKS if you are being treated for cellulitus ask the gp to do a swab test,just to be safe,sorry about my spelling and my bipolar way of ccommunicating ,next time a little less manic and less pushy ,hello again and please dont just let the gp fob you off ask for a swab test cya all

Comments

• ballkeeper
    ballkeeper Community member Posts: 80 Pioneering
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @bob123

Good Mourning & Welcome to our  Online Community / family.

I am one off the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

How are things today??

I do hope that some of our current / new members will be able to help you.

Please please let me know if you need any help getting around.

@steve51
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello and a warm welcome to the community @bob123. Thanks for sharing your story and I'm so sorry to hear you've had such an awful ordeal. Is there anything we can help to support you with?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello. Oh love! How awful for you that you may lose your legs. I do hope you are coping. And thank you for being kind and thoughtful enough to warn others. Take care xx
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    edited September 2019
    Hello @bob123 welcome to the community. I’m so sorry to hear of your struggles. Know that the community and Scope team are here if you need us for anything.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @bob123 and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for such an insightful post.  I'm very sorry to hear about your health struggles with Cellulitis and thank you for raising awareness of this.  I too have had Cellulitis a few times in my leg and foot and my dad suffers from it also and has been hospitalised because of it so I will be speaking to my GP about a swab test and will tell my dad about this too.  Please keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on as we are all here to support you on the Community.  All the best.
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2019
    Welcome to Scope @bob123. Is there anything we can help with or not? 
  • paffuto10
    paffuto10 Community member Posts: 388 Pioneering
    Welcome to the community @bob123

So sorry to hear your news. I sincerely hope that doesn't actually happen and that you can make some kind of recovery. <3

I'm quite new here myself and finding it very supportive and friendly. 

Thankyou so much for giving that warning, I feel sure it will help a lot of people. x
  • mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    Hey @bob123,

Thanks for your advice. Yeah, diagnosis is so so important. Too many stories of late diagnosis, gutti g that it was such a simple test too. 

How's it going? How are your legs? 

Are you a wheelchair user? 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @bob123 and thank you for taking the time to share this with us all. How are you doing today?
    Scope

Brightness