Concealed — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Concealed

sam12
sam12 Posts: 1,338 Pioneering
She is extremely 
vulnerable and a harm to herself; we note on her medical records that a number of entries 
have been concealed from the patient as they may harmful – see evidence 1.

What do they mean by this they concealed something about me but not telling me

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Would I be correct in thinking this was in with your appeal paperwork @sam12

Entries are sometimes concealed if they think they’ll upset or cause harm to a person. From what you’ve said across the community, it sounds like you’ve had a tough time and I imagine they’ve concealed some entries to try and protect you. Try not to worry too much about it. 

Community Manager
    Scope
  • sam12
    Am concerned to know what they hiding though if my boyfriend help me find out he is law though little anxiety over i have a word wirh social worker fri g nite thanks 
  • Adrian_Scope
    That sounds like a good idea @sam12, even if they don’t know what the concealed entries say, your social worker will be able to talk to you about it. 
    Hope you have a good evening! Will you be talking to the other helpline lady as it’s Wednesday? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • sam12
    Yes i have s goof chat in hr little down at moment msg tomorrow also shopping morn to nite 
  • sam12
    What happens if i cry in tribunal will it fail me am just being genuine way I am i show my emotions very easily 
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    I can imagine quite a few people cry at f2f assessments and in court, due to the traumatic experience of being questioned.
    What does admin think about this please?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    sam12 said:
    What happens if i cry in tribunal will it fail me am just being genuine way I am i show my emotions very easily 
    This won't go against you in any way at all. The panel at a Tribunal are very understanding.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • sam12
    What u mean admin
  • sam12
    Trying not to self harm today am goin through issue i kant deal with it. Sam from scope not understanding about it making me feel 10 time worse i really need to report this issue effecting my state of mind 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sam12
    I'm sorry if anything I have said on your other post has made you feel worse. I shared the advice from the mental health charity MIND on self harm. Who would you like to report this to?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,338 Disability Gamechanger
    sam12 said:
    What u mean admin
    I think pollyanna1052 was just asking admins advice on your question about crying at your Tribunal hearing.

I know you're very anxious about this hearing and that's perfectly understandable. I'm sure everything will be fine on the day because they are very understandable.

I'm glad you have someone able to go with you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hi @sam12, I agree with the others. They should be very understanding and it won't be held against you if you cry at the tribunal, so try not to worry about that. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • sam12
    Yes social worker and support worker she so gobby scary 
  • sam12
    OK thanks I spoke to female b4 about this support worker i goin to report her after pip 
  • Adrian_Scope
    edited September 2019
    That sounds like a good idea. You have a lot going on at the moment @sam12, once the PIP tribunal is out of the way you can start to focus on the other things. What day is your tribunal?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • david235
    david235 Community member Posts: 170 Pioneering
    sam12 said:
    She is extremely 
    vulnerable and a harm to herself; we note on her medical records that a number of entries 
    have been concealed from the patient as they may harmful – see evidence 1.

What do they mean by this they concealed something about me but not telling me
    This means that part of your medical record cannot be disclosed to you because knowing this information might harm you further. This information is exempt under law from disclosure to you.

I would not worry about this at all. Medical professionals and others are under strict rules about "harmful information". Just take it that information has been recorded, most likely about your mental health, that gives a full picture of how ill you have been at times. DWP have this information so that they have a full picture of what you have been through.

You are a survivor. You are standing up for what you believe you are entitled to. You have a boyfriend and others standing with you - and many here in the forum who care. Sending over my best wishes.
  • sam12
    16th September 14.00
  • sam12
    Ok thanks alot for all the help you given me
  • sam12
    I will when i can not til after my pip tribunal am not telling her what i plan she is gobby rushing me to get better how its withdrawal i jsd this of drs rushing me to get better they wouldn't say it to a cancer patient woukd they they sick people thst rush i only want someone to listen to this recording she laughing think it very funny ot scared me because my mum through scissors snd threatened me 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @sam12
    I'm sorry you are having a tough time, if you are unhappy with your support worker, you could report this to her manager? It just wouldn't be appropriate for you to share it here on the community, but if you have a recording you could give this to the support workers managers as part of your report/complaint.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.