When do I apply for mobility component — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

When do I apply for mobility component

kiera1985
kiera1985 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
my son will be 3 in November and isn’t entitled to mobility component until then. 
He currently gets MRC. When do I apply for the mobility component? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,905 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

When your child reaches 3 years old but it doesn't mean he'll be successfully awarded. See link for information.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • kiera1985
    kiera1985 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Thank you, I know he may not but they said to apply for component when he is allegeable. It’s worth a try, he falls over at least 20 times an hour and can’t walk more than a 100m before he is exhausted... hopefully he will be awarded, even at lower rate it may help towards a new pushchair that he can fit in Comfortably xxx
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    @kiera1985. We were told the same thing too. I applied in July this year and we have been told that he qualifies for LRC and HRM. We will begin getting the money when he turns 3 in November. This is your child. You know him best. 

Tips: 
    1- Be honest on the form as much as possible. Answer all parts of all the questions. Make sure to read every single question carefully. Give detailed examples on the form as well. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,905 Disability Gamechanger
    He can only claim the higher rate of mobility from the age of 3, please read the link i posted above. Lower rate can be awarded from the age of 5.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness