glad to see the back of this week — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

glad to see the back of this week

pollyanna1052
pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
As Friday draws to a close...I`m glad to see the back of this week.
Problems with DWP, hospital appointments and a **** up in my carer`s wages have all taken their toll on my well being.

I`ll get over it and live to fight another day. Living with a chronic disability can do that, eh?

I know i`m not alone in this drained feeling.

Have a good weekend guys!

xxxxxx

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Definitely sounds like you've had a tough week @pollyanna1052. Do you have anything planned for the weekend? Saturday's my favourite day of the week, but Sunday has a special place in my heart  no post and no official phone calls. It almost feels like a safe day!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    What are your weekend plans @pollyanna1052?
  • pollyanna1052
    Hi, my daughter has been to visit us....she`s a lovely lass...not that I`m biased of course!
    That`ll be the highlight of my weekend.

Just to rub salt in my wounds, the postman has just delivered the topping to my week....a letter from the council saying they have miscalculated my care costs and I`ll need to pay...for their mistake. nice! Thanks.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @pollyanna1052   Sorry to hear this.  I know you had a tough week from reading your post.

I know these things happen and you start to think the worse get negative, feel depressed and down.

It is times like this , I had a bad week one or two times. My many posts on here.

I still think I am related to Victor Meldrew, and Frank Spencer must be.

I turn to a prayer have some quiet time think of ways to deal with the situation.

Coping methods some strategies .  Sit down think how can be prepared for this.  

I am sorry about your assessment these things do happen but this means next on be prepared. Have a dry run through, plan what your going to say do a rehearsal.

Make a script if you wish to, I do.  Make any notes any thing I need to take or do before I go the next one.

Happy to be supportive.

I am sorry about the mistake with the council. I had this with my refuse was going to do this told me on the phone. Will empty all bins do not have not.

I am annoyed.  Not angry . So will evaluate send a Email ask and find out.

Same here ring them up and ask to speak to some one, make a script. Before you ring. If you wish to have a words with any one in CAB.

Your local office go in ask them make an appointment and ask them to ring council, or like I have done used my support worker.

Nothing like that to give these people some sort of kick up the bum.  They have made the error not you.

When my support worker rang got as I should an apology.

All I can add you done nothing wrong..  

Also feel the need to have something your enjoy like your favourite foods to give you some uplift.  This is what I do if I have had a bad week.

I hope I have given you some peace of mind, always here to be supportive.

Wish you well.  Sending a prayer.

Take care.

@thespiceman .

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • pollyanna1052
    Hello @pollyanna1052   Sorry to hear this.  I know you had a tough week from reading your post.

I know these things happen and you start to think the worse get negative, feel depressed and down.

It is times like this , I had a bad week one or two times. My many posts on here.

I turn to a prayer have some quiet time think of ways to deal with the situation.

I am sorry about your assessment these things do happen but this means next on be prepared. Have a dry run through, plan what your going to say do a rehearsal.

Make a script if you wish to, I do.  Make any notes any thing I need to take or do before I go the next one.

Happy to be supportive.

I am sorry about the mistake with the council. I had this with my refuse was going to do this told me on the phone. Will empty all bins do not have not.

Same here ring them up and ask to speak to some one, make a script. Before you ring. If you wish to have a words with any one in CAB.

Your local office go in ask them make an appointment and ask them to ring council, or like I have done used my support worker.

Nothing like that to give these people some sort of kick up the bum.  They have made the error not you.

Also feel the need to have something your enjoy like your favourite foods to give you some uplift.  This is what I do if I have had a bad week.

Take care.

@thespiceman .

Thankyou so much for your words of encouragement. I will survive....I curse a lot....It helps....but gets nothing achieved however, I will still curse! Bless you xxx
  • April2018mom

Happy to be supportive.

Take care.

@thespiceman .

Thankyou so much for your words of encouragement. I will survive....I curse a lot....It helps....but gets nothing achieved however, I will still curse! Bless you xxx
    Keep us updated! Let us know what happens on Monday. 
  • April2018mom
    I took my son and daughter into town today. We had a nice time at a local bookstore buying new books, then we stopped for something to eat at a ice cream shop. On the way back late this afternoon, we took a walk back through a local park. 

Brightness