mobility scooter — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

mobility scooter

ballkeeper
ballkeeper Community member Posts: 80 Pioneering
hope this will help anyone else considering a mobility scooter , having tried one at are local supermarket,
after getting over the first time jitters about using one,
must say it help me as i dont walk far 20m ave,standing less than 10mins i could see the benfits,
so manage to find this one serviced and new uprated batterys fitted last month in new cond

Comments

• ballkeeper
    and went to the park which went/got all the way around this time and not in pain,
    had bit of lunch wih wife at the park bench,wow no pain,
    so if your thinking about getting one, go do it well worth it,

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
  • exdvr
    exdvr Community member Posts: 331 Pioneering
    @ballkeeper  Hi.....Smart looking scooter which hopefully you'll enjoy for the extra freedom it gives you.  I wasted a lot of time in pain because I was too stubborn to admit the need for a scooter, but now I wouldn't be without one.  Can you maybe post some make and model information?   Rock On.

Best wishes.

DLTBGYD

• ballkeeper
    exdvr said:
    @ballkeeper  Hi.....Smart looking scooter which hopefully you'll enjoy for the extra freedom it gives you.  I wasted a lot of time in pain because I was too stubborn to admit the need for a scooter, but now I wouldn't be without one.  Can you maybe post some make and model information?   Rock On.
    hi ya
    i was the same ,didnt think i need one either,didnt think i was disabled ,but that moment in the park with no pain,,,,well
    its a pride go go sport ,with wider 3in wheels and upgraded battery x 2 22ah 

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    I worked outside all my life farming so becoming a disabled person bought my first off road scooter, well I wend everywhere that the scooter would go rough park land, woodland walks, then came my second buy a boot scooter, not being able to go shopping but sit and wait for my wife to return the decision was made and three years later three trips to Hayle and days out to St Ives the scooter is still taking me shopping trips, hospital appointments. My main scooter an off roader with a large 1250 watt motor good ground clearance has just clocked up 1650 miles. 
  • ballkeeper
    edited September 2019
    took mine on its second trip up and down the prom at st anns which was packed ,which got me no longer bothered what other people may or not be thinking about me ,yesterday recon all in about 2 .5 miles , felt like shouting freedom lol
  • david235
    david235 Community member Posts: 170 Pioneering
    So pleased for you, @ballkeeper - and I'm so glad you found the strength to say "this is what I need to overcome my limitations - it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks". It is quite emotional being able to do things again - I'm so glad you got to enjoy the park.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @ballkeeper, I'm really glad that the ignorant comments during that first shopping trip haven't put you off. I bet it was nice to get out and have a pain free date in the park! :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • ballkeeper
    Hi @ballkeeper, I'm really glad that the ignorant comments during that first shopping trip haven't put you off. I bet it was nice to get out and have a pain free date in the park! :)
    it sure was, the times i had tryed walking around that park in pain stopping then walkijng then stopping etc,

yes the comments for him arent forgotten,

but the trip to st annes when it was packed solid ,where i no choice to move forward into the crowds slowly till they moved etc, got me over the nervous stage i think
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    it sure was, the times i had tryed walking around that park in pain stopping then walkijng then stopping etc,

but the trip to st annes when it was packed solid ,where i no choice to move forward into the crowds slowly till they moved etc, got me over the nervous stage i think

That is good! 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Great photo @ballkeeper, it looks like a brilliant day out! Any plans for the weekend?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • ballkeeper
    they had there kite then firework displays hence the crowds, yes lovely day, no nothing this weekend.
    might try the local canal
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Your scooter looks great @ballkeeper!  So glad it is giving you freedom and no pain.  I love mine too for getting out and about locally and can't imagine life without it now!  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • ballkeeper
    Ails said:
    Your scooter looks great @ballkeeper!  So glad it is giving you freedom and no pain.  I love mine too for getting out and about locally and can't imagine life without it now!  :smiley:
    thanks ,what scooter do you have ?

Brightness