Support Group reassessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Support Group reassessment

Options
Hi, I've been in the Support Group for 4 years now.  I am reassessed on average every 18 months.  The last time I asked I was told my award was until Oct 19, but I haven't had the usual forms through.  What do I do? What can I expect? Do I just leave it? Do they sometimes decide not to reassess and just run the award on? I'm nervous it's just going to end with no warning. 

Comments

• david235
    david235 Community member Posts: 170 Pioneering
    Options
    @MercyMercyMe - For ESA, you stay as you are until DWP complete a reassessment. Sometimes they do just let things run on, though it may well be that you get an ESA50 Capacity for Work questionnaire next month.

Most PIP awards have a definite end date, but that is a very different system.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    A warm welcome to the community @MercyMercyMe. :)
    I hope David has managed alleviate your concerns that it'll just end, ESA will continue until they reassess you.
    Please let us know if you have any other queries. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Silver925
    Silver925 Community member Posts: 106 Courageous
    Options
    There could be a backlog and they might have given you longer. Best not to rock the boat and remind them. Let them contact you.
  • MercyMercyMe
    MercyMercyMe Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Thank you all. I’m thinking along those lines too it just makes me anxious not knowing what maybe in store and usually I’ve had the forms a lot earlier but I don’t want to call them! 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.