Pip MR rework now they need more assistance — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip MR rework now they need more assistance

AhhBisto
AhhBisto Community member Posts: 48 Courageous
edited September 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
So I'm starting to feel I might need to apply for pip myself after this. 

It's been 13 weeks since started MR. On the 10th week it was sent in for rework by capita, who took more then 2 weeks to do what they shouldve in a week apperently.

Now they've sent it in on Friday today the CM has requested assistance from someone even higher up. I can only imagine Capita have again messed up the rework since he did say a few weeks back that it could end the report being ignored completely for medical evidence. 

Anyone had the same issue?
Because at this point I'm trying to care for my partner with very limited resources and access to them and my own ptsd and severe anxiety are having massive medical impact I've developed stomach ulcers I'm on ibs medicine, I keep forgetting everything and I don't sleep more then a couple hours a night so some days I can't even struggle to see or stay awake. 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Hello @AhhBisto, I'm really sorry the whole process is having such a negative affect on your health and you're struggling to sleep. Are you getting much support for yourself?

Sadly there is no timescale for MRs which really adds to this whole process. Although it's not much comfort, at least it sounds like they are looking into the appeal thoroughly.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • AhhBisto
    Well it's now over, just received a letter and we won the MR with enhanced rates for both elements got 16 points for daily living and 17 for mobility. A massive change from 0.
  • david235
    david235 Community member Posts: 170 Pioneering
    That is wonderful news @AahBisto . Though many MR requests fail, a well argued MR can change everything.

I can only hope that this news gives space for you and your partner to heal. Do not be scared to reach out to your doctor and other sources of help for additional support whilst you are so tired; it might be that something can be done to help in the short term. It is a difficult and sometimes draining task being a carer when you are disabled yourself.

My very best wishes to you both.
  • AhhBisto
    Thank you, I have been seeking therapy myself but we've been knocked down so many times it wasn't making much of a difference.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Hi @AhhBisto, that's great news, I'm so happy for you both, it must be a huge relief! :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.