Pip tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip tribunal

Options
googleloogle
googleloogle Community member Posts: 2 Listener
hi all

Bit of back story. I had my pip assessment and was taken off enhanced daily living and standard mobility and was given just standard daily living.

we appealed and went to tribunal yesterday, I usually get the outcome there and then but was told it would be posted to me.

i’m really worried I’ve failed and was wondering if a tribunal decided against me could they then take away my standard daily living leaving me with nothing.

hope someone can answer as I’m going out of my mind with worry

thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

This does happen sometimes where they can't decide on the day of the hearing but it doesn't mean you have won. It just means they couldn't decide yesterday. They usually write to you within a couple of days so hopefully you'll receive the decision letter tomorrow.

You won't lose your existing award because if they planned on lowering it or taking it away completely they would need to warn you before doing this then the hearing would have been adjourned. As this didn't happen the worst that could happen in your situation is your award will remain as it is. Hopefully for you the decision will go in your favour. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @googleloogle and welcome to the community. :)

As Poppy said, it doesn't necessarily mean they have decided against you, so please try not to worry. Hopefully you'll hear back quickly. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • googleloogle
    googleloogle Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I got the letter today.

they’ve kept me on standard daily living but added standard mobility to it. Not the result I wanted but I can’t fight anymore. I’ve waited over a year for my tribunal so just going to take what they’ve said 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @googleloogle, sorry it wasn't the result you wanted but I'm glad they've at least given you back your standard mobility. Thanks for updating us! :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.