Plans for the weekend? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Plans for the weekend?

Options
Adrian_Scope
Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
I know @Ami2301 is doing something or other. Can't quite recall... ;)

But what does everyone else have planned for this weekend? 
Community Manager
Scope

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have no idea either...I received your email last night and the suspense is driving me insane! When I saw the subject I was like noooooooo I can't handle the anticipation ? but I've been good, it's still unopened!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • ballkeeper
    ballkeeper Community member Posts: 80 Pioneering
    Options
    depending on the weather might try taking my scooter along the canal paths and see how it goes,
    wonder if i can fish from the scoot
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Taking the kids to a music shop tomorrow. I've decided it's time for them to start to learn to play a musical instrument. On Sunday, we are hoping to have lunch or dinner at a restaurant or pub in town as a family after church service. 
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have a wonderful day, Ami!  Will be thinking of you.  xx   :smiley:

I'm going to see Downton Abbey at the cinema tomorrow with a couple of friends so looking forward to that.  Visiting my parents on Sunday.  Hoping the weather stays nice.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    The email's really not that exciting @Ami2301! :wink: I promise.
    But seriously, have a wonderful weekend. The whole team will be thinking of you!

Do you have any instruments in mind @April2018mom?

I've never seen a single episode of Downton Abbey (shocking, I know!) so I probably won't be rushing out to watch the movie.

We'll be going bowling this weekend and I'll also finally be taking eight years' worth of magazines to be recycled!
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Awww we will all be thinking of you tomorrow @Ami2301 - I'm so excited for you!!!!

We were supposed to be going away this weekend to Bridlington where there is an art festival called Land, Sand, Stone that is all about Land art, Sand drawing and Stone balancing. They are attempting the world's longest sand drawing!! But unfortunately my son broke his collarbone this week and so he's not well enough to go so we will be having a quiet weekend in.

I just saw that season 8 of American Horror Story has started though so I might watch that!!
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • April2018mom
    Options
    Guitar perhaps @Adrian_Scope. I’m currently looking at teachers online who teach musical instruments. I want to learn as well but I’m currently expecting so it will have to wait until next May! 
    I also want to see the Downton Abbey film too! Maybe for my birthday in November. We are also having a meeting to talk about a possible Halloween party as well on Saturday afternoon at my flat. 
  • pollyanna1052
    pollyanna1052 Community member Posts: 2,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Had a great one in Blackpool thanks x
  • April2018mom
    Options
    We are going on another kids free trip this weekend! We plan to travel to Maidstone on Friday afternoon, stay at a hotel, look around a bit and have some fun! Cannot wait. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    That sounds great @April2018mom, it's good to get some time to yourselves away from the kids sometimes. 
    Have a wonderful time. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I have a pretty quiet weekend as I'm still recovering from my holiday last week! It was totally worth it though!

I hope it stays sunny for everyone, any plans?
    Scope

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I should really start packing for our honeymoon...but I'm still recovering from the wedding ?
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No work this weekend :cold_sweat: so looking forward to my first three day weekend in months. Today catching up with my studies on the balcony to enjoy the sun today. Tomorrow catching up on some chores around the house, as well as clipping the cats claws - cos I love living on the edge  B) - will need the glasses to cover the scratches around my eyes. Monday catching up with the estate manager to go over the AGM and a few other matters. At some point I will need to check if the rucksack I bought is big enough for what I need to take for the holiday with my daughter in October, and buy some non slip shoes for the boat.

I am also halfway through season 2 of Lucifer so hoping to reach the end of season 3.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• April2018mom
    Options
    Geoark said:
    No work this weekend :cold_sweat: so looking forward to my first three day weekend in months. Today catching up with my studies on the balcony to enjoy the sun today. Tomorrow catching up on some chores around the house, as well as clipping the cats claws - cos I love living on the edge  B) - will need the glasses to cover the scratches around my eyes. Monday catching up with the estate manager to go over the AGM and a few other matters. At some point I will need to check if the rucksack I bought is big enough for what I need to take for the holiday with my daughter in October, and buy some non slip shoes for the boat.

I am also halfway through season 2 of Lucifer so hoping to reach the end of season 3.
    I love Lucifer! 

Brightness