PIP tribunal vs ESA tribunal. Difference? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP tribunal vs ESA tribunal. Difference?

Mil_30
Mil_30 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
edited September 2019 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone. I won yesterday my ESA tribunal. I have depression and anxiety. I know pip look differently at questions then esa. Could anyone tell me the difference especially in mental health apeal. I want to prepare myself and make notes to give myself as much chance as possible. Thank you x

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Mil_30, congratulations on your successful ESA appeal! :)

They look at completely different descriptors for PIP as the criteria is different to ESA. Have you read through them at all?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Mil_30
    Hi, thank you! It's such a huge weight of my shoulders. I did but do you have maybe link to them so I can go through them and see the difference. Trying to find best way to express myself on appeal.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    This link will be the best one to read because it goes into much greater detail, which will give you a better understanding of the descriptors and what they mean.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Mil_30
  • Mil_30
    Thank you Mike, just going through all paperwork trying to prepare myself the best way I can. My rep is community welfare worker. My appeal is on Monday and I'm absolutely dreading it. 

Was wondering is it good idea to have notes of what to mention after they ask all questions? Like regarding what was wrong in pip assesment (things i never said or are simply lie)?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Mil_30 said:

Was wondering is it good idea to have notes of what to mention after they ask all questions? Like regarding what was wrong in pip assesment (things i never said or are simply lie)?
    No, it's not a good idea to do that. They won't be interested in what did or didn't happen during your assessment because you can't prove anything and they won't appreciate you mentioning any of the contradictions.  That's all in the past now and you need to concentrate on which descriptors apply and your reasons why.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.