Dwp have scored my mobility too high — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Dwp have scored my mobility too high

Options
debbip
debbip Community member Posts: 3 Listener
good evening, this is my first post, I’m like a rabbit trapped in the headlights here.  I’ve received a letter from dwp, an interview under caution, from fraud compliance.  I’ve read my application form that I submitted last October, and I can’t see anything wrong, other than my mental health wasn’t looked at, but I didn’t think they looked at mental health.  I ticked the box saying I couldn’t move more than 50 metres unaided.  I’ve received enhanced rate since 2017 after having major abdo surgery which has left me with mobility issues.  I’ve had two medical assessments as home.  I’ve been very stressed, my mental health and dark feelings have got very bad again.  I’m seeing a solicitor who will come with me, for free.  Sorry for long post, but I’ve just gone over my letter from dwp with a fine tooth comb, and on the letter, about moving around, it says I cannot move more than 20 metres and not the 50 metres I’ve stated on my form, so, dwp have awarded me 12 points, I never knew to question it, until now, I just looked on the internet about points, and it looks like I should just get 10 for moving around, however, if they’d taken the anxiety I suffer when planning a journey, I would have got some points.  I’m not sure what to do.  I have a photocopy of the form on my iPad, so I can take that to the meeting.  I’m scared I will get into trouble, even though it’s not my error.  I would be very grateful for any help.  Thank you xx

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    debbip said:
    good evening, this is my first post, I’m like a rabbit trapped in the headlights here.  I’ve received a letter from dwp, an interview under caution, from fraud compliance.  I’ve read my application form that I submitted last October, and I can’t see anything wrong, other than my mental health wasn’t looked at, but I didn’t think they looked at mental health.  I ticked the box saying I couldn’t move more than 50 metres unaided.  I’ve received enhanced rate since 2017 after having major abdo surgery which has left me with mobility issues.  I’ve had two medical assessments as home.  I’ve been very stressed, my mental health and dark feelings have got very bad again.  I’m seeing a solicitor who will come with me, for free.  Sorry for long post, but I’ve just gone over my letter from dwp with a fine tooth comb, and on the letter, about moving around, it says I cannot move more than 20 metres and not the 50 metres I’ve stated on my form, so, dwp have awarded me 12 points, I never knew to question it, until now, I just looked on the internet about points, and it looks like I should just get 10 for moving around, however, if they’d taken the anxiety I suffer when planning a journey, I would have got some points.  I’m not sure what to do.  I have a photocopy of the form on my iPad, so I can take that to the meeting.  I’m scared I will get into trouble, even though it’s not my error.  I would be very grateful for any help.  Thank you xx
    DWP rarely give the claimant more points. It is up to you however. What do you want to do? If it was me I wouldn't say anything. 
  • debbip
    Options
    I wondered if anyone had experienced it, I guess I just have the proof of their error for the interview, I don’t know what the fraud investigation is for, but I have a very nasty ex husband who may have made a malicious claim xx
  • April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    debbip said:
    I wondered if anyone had experienced it, I guess I just have the proof of their error for the interview, I don’t know what the fraud investigation is for, but I have a very nasty ex husband who may have made a malicious claim xx
    In that case, get with a lawyer pronto. Preferably one who has experience of disability law. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,988 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

I see you already have a solicitor which is good. In your case, it really depends what they are disputing, it may not be the mobility part. It's very difficult to give advice because no one knows how your conditions affect you.

You also say you don't know what the interview under caution is for, so it could be about something completely different. Are you claiming any other benefits? Have you rang the number on the letter to ask what it's about?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • debbip
    Options
    It’s to do with pip, they won’t tell me anything else xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.