success in move from DLA TO PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

success in move from DLA TO PIP

busybee6969
busybee6969 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
just had home visit assesment for my pip  ready for my move to pip from dla. after being in court several times for appeals for ESA/DLA and always getting a good result, sent that paperwork with form ,think that was why i got a home assesment,any sucess stories on moves from  DLA TO PIP  

Comments

• yingtong
    yingtong Community member Posts: 37 Pioneering
    I transferred  from DLA to PIP in June 2017 with no problems at all,I hope it goes the same way for you.Good luck.I was 68 years old at the time.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Most peoples transfer from DLA to PIP goes fine the trouble starts  when their abilities are accessed between the the two benefits which have,use different criteria for assessment  and they fail to score enough points on the mobility part of the assessment and loses their mobility car.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

The most important thing to remember is that PIP is different to DLA. PIP is about how your conditions affect your ability to carry out daily activities based on the PIP descriptors. ESA is also totally different to PIP and it has different criteria.

As you've had your assessment, wait a week and ring DWP to request a copy of the assessment report. This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be because they mostly go with the report. You'll still need to wait for a decision but once that's made if you're not happy then you'll have 1 month from that day to request the MR. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.