Tribunal - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal

2»

Comments

• dibdob123
    dibdob123 Community member Posts: 16 Listener
    No he is in the work related activity group.ESA.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    edited September 2019
    He was yes but not anymore because he was found fit for work.

The SDP is payable on any Income related ESA so he should have been claiming this in with his ESA.

I'm going to advise you to speak to an advice agency near you for them to do a full benefits check on him, this way they can make sure he's claiming everything he should be claiming.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • cathdibble12
    cathdibble12 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi update... Lee will get £89 .90.a week onESA assessment  payment.  .awaiting  a Trbunal date.. Hopefully  getting  a doctors  Medical  letter  soon which  should  help  us Thanks  for your  good advice. 
  • cathdibble12
    cathdibble12 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    changed Email. Was dibdob123
  • poppy123456
    Hi update... Lee will get £89 .90.a week onESA assessment  payment.  .awaiting  a Trbunal date.. Hopefully  getting  a doctors  Medical  letter  soon which  should  help  us Thanks  for your  good advice. 
    Glad it's sorted. I'm assuming he's claiming Enhanced daily living PIP? Which means he's entitled to the Enhanced disability premium in with his ESA, otherwise assessment rate is £73.10 per week. Just incase anyone reads this.

Don't forget if he's living alone and no one claims carers allowance or carers premium for him then he should also be claiming the Severe disability premium in with his ESA. This will give him an extra £65.85 per week. He should have been claiming this previously, which means it can be backdated if he's always lived alone.

To claim the SDP you need to ring ESA and ask to fill out the IS10 form over the phone. Claims can be done as quick as a few days. Link explains what SDP is. https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/severe-disability-premium

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • dibdob123
    Thanks for that..He has been on his own since 1st of April.. 2019..that's  when he claimed HB...C Tax...and the ESA..started to check up..
  • poppy123456
    dibdob123 said:
    Thanks for that..He has been on his own since 1st of April.. 2019..that's  when he claimed HB...C Tax...and the ESA..started to check up..
    No problem. Ring ESA on Monday to start a claim for SDP.
  • dibdob123
    Hi  poppy123456,update..applied  for SDP.. As you said.. Sent a Doc's  letter also.. Must have really  helped.. As had a letter  today.. Lee's  ESA.   is now £155.75.aweek..from 9th July. Back pay. £696.13.....Hope this means they have had a change of heart  .and we don't  have  to  go to a Trbunal ..Thank you all at Scope  for your  good advice  . Help and friendship... A grateful  Grandma.. Catherine..... dibdob123
  • poppy123456
    dibdob123 said:
    Hi  poppy123456,update..applied  for SDP.. As you said.. Sent a Doc's  letter also.. Must have really  helped.. As had a letter  today.. Lee's  ESA.   is now £155.75.aweek..from 9th July. Back pay. £696.13.....Hope this means they have had a change of heart  .and we don't  have  to  go to a Trbunal ..Thank you all at Scope  for your  good advice  . Help and friendship... A grateful  Grandma.. Catherine..... dibdob123
    I'm glad they added the SDP.

However, i'm afraid that amount is not Support Group rate, it's still assessment rate with both disability premiums added. That total is as follows.

£73.10 assessment rate for over 25's
    £16.80 Enhanced disability premium (because he claims Enhanced daily living PIP)
    £65.85 SDP. Total amount £155.75 per week.

The backdated money he's received will be for the SDP, which is money that's owed.

Support Group rate would be £194.30 per week.

This means that at the moment the Tribunal is still going ahead and you will need to continue to send in those sick notes until a decision's been made. Hope this helps/
  • dibdob123
    Yes thanks. Thought  we had won..  Thought  it was too good  to be true.. Still it's  a nice little help in the meantime. 
  • dibdob123
    Hi. Update on Lee. I have handed over the appointee for Lee To his Step dad.  Who is OK with  that... He has had an interview  with the  DWP.. They say now that payments  must be payed  to the appointee bank account... And transferred  over to Lee's  account.. Have you heard  of this before??? I'm  to stressed out  to carry on with  the  appointee... So he will  deal with  the Tribunal... Thanks. 
  • poppy123456
    Yes, that's correct this is because the appointee will now deal with the benefits claim and not the claimant their self.
  • dibdob123
    Thanks.  Just as Lee got his benefit s paid straight  into his account  when I was  Appointee for him.. 
  • poppy123456
    That's not something i've heard of before. The whole purpose of being someone appointee is that they are not capable of looking after their own benefits claim, including the money they receive. I'm my daughters appointee and her PIP gets paid to me and then i transfer it to her.
  • dibdob123
    Thanks for that Poppy.. Don't know how  that was too.. I took over when his Mum died.. And he had his money  in his own  account  then.... Now we know  it's  all OK. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.