Tribunal in couples for PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal in couples for PIP

Options
Ashman83
Ashman83 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hey 
I've got my tribunal in a couple weeks and am nervous about it, I had hoped to have successful results of recent MRI scans on my shoulder that's been painting for near 2 years now following being rear ended by a drunk driver. I scored 8 points on the daily living part and 10 points on the mobility I really dont get why they make it so hard to get 12 points, I have plantar fasciiti on my right foot, pain in my right calf from a DVT and osteoarthritis in my right knee, you would think they would understand that near every step gives some form of pain or the other and when I went for my review and they had me walk (to the furthest room I should add) I stop 3 times which was even noted but still only 10 points... I write in the Hope's someone can give me advice on what to expect at the tribunal or even how to truly get my point across, also if someone can confirm mobility is given if you have difficulty walking within the parameter or if you can do so and further but in pain 
Thank you in advance for any help given 

Comments

• April2018mom
    April2018mom Posts: 2,882 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Ashman83

My first tip is to prepare as much as possible. Read all the information that is sent to your address as well. Try not to worry- they are not out to trick you. Do you have anyone who can attend the tribunal with you or not?
    Gather up things to take with you on the day (this includes notes on your impairments etc) and a pen too. You can refer to the notes during your hearing. Also do remember to check the bus timetables and plan how you will arrive there.
    Take some spare money in a bag in case you will need it. Bring a copy of your assessment report and any appeal letters. Talk about what you find hard due to your condition. Give as many examples as possible. Be honest. If you don’t understand, ask them to explain the question clearly. For more information, please visit this link. 
    https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/appeals/your-hearing/

Good luck! Keep us updated on the outcome of your hearing. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,056 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi,

You will need to make sure you take the bundle with you, it should have already advised you to take this in the letter you received about your hearing date. Make sure you arrive with plenty of time to spare before the hearing time.

Any extra evidence should have already been sent to arrive at leas 10 days before the hearing date. Taking any extra evidence with you on the date will risk your hearing be adjourned because they may not have time to read it.

You will need to answer all the questions yourself, unless you have an appointee. If you're taking someone with you then they may ask them at the end if there's anything they want to add by they don't always do this.

It may not be possible to make a decision on the day. If this happens they will send you a decision letter within a couple of days. It doesn't mean you haven't won, it just means that a decision couldn't be made on the day. Lots of people don't have a decision on the day and go on to have a decision in their favour.

Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Ashman83 and we wish you the best of luck with your tribunal!
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.