Watch my step by step PIP benefit video for help with claims and what to expect! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Watch my step by step PIP benefit video for help with claims and what to expect!

Options
ReviewsANDRights
ReviewsANDRights Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hey guys,
i've just started a youtube channel which i hope will help people with there PIP claim!
Please have a look, Subscribe and share the links on social media!

Thanks Guys!

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

As a community champion here on scope i'd like to ask you to please stop spamming the forums with the same video. You have posted this across the forums on multiple threads, including starting your pwn thread multiple times. People will see your video if you just post one thread.

There's also some incorrect information in your video which can be very misleading for our members who view it, as i pointed out on other threads that you posted it on.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • ReviewsANDRights
    Options
    Hi,

i profusely apologise for that, there was an error with my internet connection at the time of posting. I clicked the mouse muliple times which resulted in the multipe posts! Once again, i apologise for that!

Thank you for your feedback regarding the corrections, i'm doing them now!
  • ReviewsANDRights
    Options

Hey guys,

My video today will be about the Department for Work & Pensions, Personal independence payment benefit process. I will talk about each stage of the PIP process. Please note, this is just based on my experience of my mum’s claim and a few friend’s claims.

https://youtu.be/XqWNXccnkKA

Check it out!

Step 1: Apply For Pip On The Phone.

Step 2: Receive The Form, Complete It & Return it.

Step 3: The Assessment.

Step 3b: Request a Copy Of The HCP Report From DWP.

Step 4: Receiving Your Decision.

Step 5a: MR (Mandatory Reconsideration).

Step 5b: MR, Reasons For Disagreeing With A Decision.

Step 5c: Sending Your Mandatory Reconsideration Request.

Step 5d: Call Up Once A Week To See If There’s Any Updates.

Step 5e: Receiving Your Mandatory reconsideration decision.

Step 6a: Appeal to Tribunal.

Step 6b: Receive Your Date And Time.

Step 6c: Attend Your Tribunal Hearing.

Step 6d: Tribunal Decision.

Links:

GOV. (2019). “Mandatory Reconsideration; CRMR1 01/18 Form”.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/683380/if-you-disagree-with-a-decision-made-by-dwp.PDF

GOV. (2019). “SSCS1 Appeal Form”. Available at:.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/appeal-a-social-security-benefits-decision-form-sscs1

GOV. (2019) ‘DS1500 Form; Guide To Completion’ (P.8-11). Available at:.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/827128/medical-reports-completion-guidance.pdf

GOV. (2019). ‘DWP Part One - The Assessment Process.’ [online] Available at: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/809406/pip-assessment-guide-part-1-assessment-process.pdf     [Accessed 15 Sep. 2019].

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/appeals/apply-to-tribunal/

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benefits/sick-or-disabled-people-and-carers/pip/appeals/your-hearing/

https://www.advicenow.org.uk/guides/how-win-pip-appeal

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Considering you are a new member a lot of spam has been flagged up, are you receiving or getting paid for every viewing of your video???? If so we don't want you or your kind on this fourm, scope provides all the help and advice, support that we need. 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ReviewsANDRights and a warm welcome to the community. Thank you for taking the time to share this video with us. I have removed the duplicates and will put it into the PIP section of the forum. :)
    Scope

• ReviewsANDRights
    Options
    wilko said:
    Considering you are a new member a lot of spam has been flagged up, are you receiving or getting paid for every viewing of your video???? If so we don't want you or your kind on this fourm, scope provides all the help and advice, support that we need. 

Thanks for your comment @wilko

However, I would first like to address your concern regarding the video. No the videos are not monetised, WHICH MEANS THAT NO MONEY IS RECEIVED FOR THE AMOUNT OF VIEWS. My reason for doing this video is primarily based on my own experience as a full time carer & advocate for my mother. If you had looked at the video, before jumping to conclusions and making your unwanted comment, you would see that this experience had a negative impact on me as a carer and as a child.

When I was 13 years old, I witnessed my mother battling this horrendous war with the CMs from DWP. It became so bad, that one day when I was returning home from school, I had found my mum lying on floor with her wrists slit. She had attempted to commit suicide because she was denied benefits and didn’t understand the system & couldn’t handle the pressure anymore; she thought that I would be better off without her.

I knew then and there, that I had to intervene and act as her advocate at the age of 13 years old, I mean, I had already been caring for my mum since the age of 7. So, Instead of focusing on my education, I was missing school to help complete ESA and DLA forms, mandatory reconsideration and appeals on her behalf. I was scared that I would loose my own mum if I went to school, just because these CMs decided to abuse there power and deprive my mum of her right to entitlement to DLA/ESA/PIP.

It got to the stage where we had no money for food, gas or electric, as a child witnessing my mum struggle financially due to the DWPs unjust decision-making. It led me onto the wrong path for a short period. I got involved with the wrong crowds, was negatively influenced to partake in burglaries so that I could have money to pay for food, gas and electric. It wasn't until I got caught and was reprimanded by the police for my actions, that then I knew I had to change my way of thinking. I could either become a statistic or I could take action by understanding the system and calling out the DWP CMs responsible. I decided to take action!

Understanding the system, not only empowered me to not be scared. It gave me a way of channeling my anger and distributing it in positive ways, by acting on my mothers behalf & standing her ground, by standing up to the CMs responsible.

I'm sharing my experience, because I want everyone to stand there ground and fight the system through understanding & following the DWP’s policies & procedures. I want to help empower people, by informing them of how the system works, so that there child or children don’t have to revert to crime, because of financial hardship or because of witnessing something, that could impact them for the rest of there life.

My video was developed with the intention of empowering claimants and carers through giving a peronla insight of this benefit process; its intentions are to motivate claimants to continue fighting and to stand there ground. So please refrain from addressing me as “You people or your kind” when you don’t know me or my story, you may feel comfortable discussing your issues on forums as many others, however, there are some who don’t feel so confident discussing there issues and prefer to just understand the overall system. 

You may not understand, however I’m using my experience to prevent others from being impacted like I have. Specifically, vulnerable carers, who act as advocates for there loved ones everyday. My experiences have resulted in me suffering from depression and anxiety while also being dyslexic with a developmental delay as a result of me missing school when i was younger. Although, now I am a final year undergraduate at Kings Uni and remain a full time carer and advocate for my mum. I am fully aware of the number of carers, who give up on there own life to help loved ones, that means sacrificing personal relationships, social interactions, education, work expereince and a future career.

I know if someone had presented a video of this process, when i needed it, it would have hepled me and prevented me from being in such a dark place at one stage in my life. I'm 23 years old and i've already had a midlife crisis. So forgive me if 'your kind' lack the ability to understand the impact this process may have on the ones struggling with this process. 
  • worried33
    worried33 Community member Posts: 492 Pioneering
    Options
    My suggestion is if you not going to talk in the video then just do a text page.  People seem all too keen to do videos these days, which I dont know why as they take longer to present the information than text will.

With that said tho it is good you have put the effort into doing this, action is better than nothing.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As @worried33 states a text only version would be more helpful than having to watch a video, I apologise for my comments having not watched the video having seen other using the forum for self gain and advancement it came across to me here’s another one. So thank you for your important contribution to the community and I hope many will find it helpful.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.