Re pip appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Re pip appeal

xxspencer75
xxspencer75 Community member Posts: 23 Connected
I'd just like to say thank you to those that responded to my questions about my pip appeal my appeal as been accepted by the dwp and is now on there system took some time but it's there thank you guys.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    Glad to hear. Just so that you know that the appeal would have been accepted by HMCTS (Tribunal) and not DWP. You can ring HMCTS and ask how long the waiting times are for your area. Do be aware though that the timescales are just a guide but it will give you some idea.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • xxspencer75
    I was told on the phone that it had to be accepted by the dwp as well as hmcts so I don't know if this is a new thing for them.i just really hope this is the last time I have to go through this process.once again thank you so much.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    That's not correct, it's accepted by HMCTS and not DWP. DWP will very likely oppose the appeal, which is usually what happens because they obviously don't think you qualify, which is why you were refused.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • xxspencer75
    But I can't understand then why the lady on the phone said that the appeal was accepted by the dwp as well as hmcts I guess the main thing is that it's on there system now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.